Jump to content
 
Lost>Oliver

TOP 10 FILMIC EXPERIENCES (redux)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

yeahhhhh but I've watched it like 10 times and I don't get bored. gotta be doing something right. also I hate autocorrect. JESSE james.

Brad Pitt always got a lot of flack through his career, looking back he's been in a LOT of good to great movies

12 monkeys, seven, Fight Club, Thelma & Louise, Legends of the Fall, River Runs Through It, Moneyball, Big Short, Oceans, Inglorious Basterds, Burn after reading, Jesse James, Snatch, Benjamin button, soon to be OUAT in Hollywood?

Kind of a legend..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Shawshank is the most overrated film ever 

It's good but I don't get why it's automatically considered the greatest of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

watch these if you haven't...

The Assassination of Jessie James by the Coward Robert Ford

The Wrestler

Robocop

Boogie Nights

Alien

Ghost World

Repo Man

Election

This Is Spinal Tap

Paris, Texas

 

expected more Criterion hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, theedge00 said:

expected more Criterion hehe

well 6 out of 10 aint bad

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Oliver>Skiba said:

Brad Pitt always got a lot of flack through his career, looking back he's been in a LOT of good to great movies

12 monkeys, seven, Fight Club, Thelma & Louise, Legends of the Fall, River Runs Through It, Moneyball, Big Short, Oceans, Inglorious Basterds, Burn after reading, Jesse James, Snatch, Benjamin button, soon to be OUAT in Hollywood?

Kind of a legend..

He's done good work. I'd add Tree of Life, True Romance, Babel, and of course playing Boomhauer's brother on KOTH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Didn't expect that many to be Criterion!

actually, if we wanna get really accurate, Boogie Nights was a Criterion laserdisc. So 7 actually.

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My top 3 have long been The Thin Red Line, Fucking Åmål and 12 Monkeys.

As for the rest, there are only about 10-15 movies that I'd give five stars (in no particular order):

Alien, Aliens, Mulholland Drive, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now Redux, Ghostbusters, TMNT (1990), American Beauty, Pulp Fiction, Sons of the Desert, Predator, There Will Be Blood, Home Alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, _Kyle_ said:

I'm talking about the 1984 Alex Cox film btw, the one with Emilio Estevez.

Dope movie! Saw it for the first time only about two years ago but it felt so familiar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MSandt said:

Dope movie! Saw it for the first time only about two years ago but it felt so familiar.

it's definitely an outsider-satire version of LA filled to the brim with personality, which I love. I have the soundtrack on tape just in case I have to drive a car with a cassette deck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't think i can name 10 because i watch maybe -7 movies a year, but off the top of my head my favorites are:

- The Incredibles

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off

- Call Me by Your Name

- The Lion King

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MSandt said:

My top 3 have long been The Thin Red Line, Fucking Åmål and 12 Monkeys.

As for the rest, there are only about 10-15 movies that I'd give five stars (in no particular order):

Alien, Aliens, Mulholland Drive, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now Redux, Ghostbusters, TMNT (1990), American Beauty, Pulp Fiction, Sons of the Desert, Predator, There Will Be Blood, Home Alone.

FUCK forgot about Predator. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Wars franchise

LOTR franchise

Shawshank Redemption

Interstellar

Wizard of Oz

Titanic

Dances with Wolves

The Shining

Jurassic Park

Knocked Up

 

i dunno, making a list of movies is hard but those are some of my favorites in various "genres"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Star Wars franchise

LOTR franchise

Shawshank Redemption

Interstellar

Wizard of Oz

Titanic

Dances with Wolves

The Shining

Jurassic Park

Knocked Up

 

i dunno, making a list of movies is hard but those are some of my favorites in various "genres"

Basic as fuck, lol.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

it's definitely an outsider-satire version of LA filled to the brim with personality, which I love. I have the soundtrack on tape just in case I have to drive a car with a cassette deck.

Yeah, the movie is quite hard to label because it's got pretty much everything. Also very pleasant to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starship Troopers was a sweet movie. I loved everything about it and I was big into starcraft at the time so its forever etched into my heart. 

The greatest day of my life was getting on a plane and walking past Gary Busey in first class. Then passing through the coach section and seeing Jake Busey (Ace) seated. I wish I had had something witty to say to him. Oh well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...