American Pie

Scott.

10 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Definitely the defining youth movie of my generation. I was actually going to see the 6th Sense with a friend of mine but the ticket lady refused because we were underage (barely), so we saw American Pie instead. Ended up thinking it was better this way. (6th Sense is good too though.)

You were underage for 6th Sense, a PG-13 movie but not the R rated American Pie?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Margie Whipple Homicides said:

You were underage for 6th Sense, a PG-13 movie but not the R rated American Pie?

The 6th Sense was a PG-16 movie here. American Pie only has nudity and sex, and attitudes toward stuff like that are much more liberal here than in nipplegate America. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the summer of 2001, me and my friend didn't go to a summer camp for the summer, but we went to a camp/new place every day and afterwards we went back to my house and watched cartoons, mtv and movies. One day, the one pokemon episode I hadn't watched was on, so I was super excited, but he wanted to watch American Pie, I was stubborn since I had been waiting to watch that episode in like forever, so we missed most of the movie. Luckily it was on the day after as well. "The Rock Show" was on mtv the next day and it was the first time I ever heard the band name and my friend was super excited. When he also said they were in the movie, I was like "are these guys everywhere?. My mom also joined us and watched it, and she thought it was hilarious. I don't even remember it being awkward.

A few months later, me and my friend were both even more hooked on Blink. He had borrowed a burned copy of TOYPAJ, we listened to it every day after school, but we never got furhter into the record than "Reckless Abandon". So when me and my mom went to see American Pie 2, I heard "Every Time I Look for You", I heard it for the first time. This time it was a bit embarrassing. Afterwards, we went to the Chinese restaurant I was banned from when I was seven, hoping they wouldn't recognize me. Then we went to the record store and my mom found the Revival album by R.E.M and the cashier said they had  a end of the year "2 for 1" campaign for albums released in 2001 and I got to pick one and found TOYPAJ and was so excited. Then later on, on the drive home, WMAA came on the radio. It was one of the best days of my life. 

I saw Wedding with my dad. That was weird.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thongrider said:

In the summer of 2001, me and my friend didn't go to a summer camp for the summer, but we went to a camp/new place every day and afterwards we went back to my house and watched cartoons, mtv and movies. One day, the one pokemon episode I hadn't watched was on, so I was super excited, but he wanted to watch American Pie, I was stubborn since I had been waiting to watch that episode in like forever, so we missed most of the movie. Luckily it was on the day after as well. "The Rock Show" was on mtv the next day and it was the first time I ever heard the band name and my friend was super excited. When he also said they were in the movie, I was like "are these guys everywhere?. My mom also joined us and watched it, and she thought it was hilarious. I don't even remember it being awkward.

A few months later, me and my friend were both even more hooked on Blink. He had borrowed a burned copy of TOYPAJ, we listened to it every day after school, but we never got furhter into the record than "Reckless Abandon". So when me and my mom went to see American Pie 2, I heard "Every Time I Look for You", I heard it for the first time. This time it was a bit embarrassing. Afterwards, we went to the Chinese restaurant I was banned from when I was seven, hoping they wouldn't recognize me. Then we went to the record store and my mom found the Revival album by R.E.M and the cashier said they had  a end of the year "2 for 1" campaign for albums released in 2001 and I got to pick one and found TOYPAJ and was so excited. Then later on, on the drive home, WMAA came on the radio. It was one of the best days of my life. 

I saw Wedding with my dad. That was weird.

wait what?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

wait what?

I was being kind of a dick there. I don't know what I did, but I've heard that I was being racist/putting my dick in the food, but that sounds crazy even for me. But the owner said "Don't come back here, if you do you have to do the dishes" 

Apparently I've told that story before in the Blink section. 

Just now, thongrider said:

I was being kind of a dick there. I don't know what I did, but I've heard that I was being racist/putting my dick in the food, but that sounds crazy even for me. But the owner said "Don't come back here, if you do you have to do the dishes" 

2 minutes ago, Margie Whipple Homicides said:

He put his dick in a duck and that's why they still call him Long Dick Duck still to this day.

?

20 minutes ago, thongrider said:

whoa

On 7/11/2019 at 6:07 PM, Oliver>Skiba said:

6th Sense damn well should have been pg 16, move scarred me a few of those scenes. Great movie. Dude went from Unbreakable and 6th Sense to Lady in the Water and The Happening

I want to watch glass but I know that goddamn M Night Shymalan will fuck me over. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 4:45 PM, MSandt said:

Definitely the defining youth movie of my generation. I was actually going to see the 6th Sense with a friend of mine but the ticket lady refused because we were underage (barely), so we saw American Pie instead. Ended up thinking it was better this way. (6th Sense is good too though.)

How does that work? Wasn't 6th Sense PG-13 and American Pie Rated R???