Band Name Blues

Kay

Okay so my new band encountered a problem. 

We thought of a name ages ago, got our socials in order (FB, Instagram, Youtube, etc) sorted a long time ago ready and even spent money getting some logo work done, but we took a chunk of time writing, rehearsing, and in my case buying a house and moving before starting to do shows.

We've only realistically just started performing, only had two shows so far, and we're going to record this weekend. when we'd started the band we couldn't find anyone around with the same name so we assumed we'd be fine as we'd set our socials up and stuff. 

Well it turns out in the time between us sorting out the socials and us actually starting to play, an American band has come along with the same name and has beaten us to digitally releasing music. You technically can release stuff on Spotify and the like under the same name but it frequently gets confused and shoves all the music under one artist, and I personally am not keen on releasing music under the name if it's going to get confused with this American band who are already doing better than us. 

The problem is we've established the sort of brand / message we want and the logo is baller as fuck, so I want to keep that look and feel and just change the name but it's very hard to think of something that still fits.

Our logo currently is a vibrant red / yellow / pink flame ball with a brain in it with the name over the top, we also have a simplified one with just a single colour flame ball with the name in it. 

the name we're replacing is "Faster On Fire" and we are completely stuck. we want it to relate to fire, as well and relating to the mind / mental health / brains etc whatever. 

We've gone through a million variants internally and none of us can agree on anything. Just wondering if anyone externally has better minds than us and can think of anything, cuz we're going into the studio Saturday with just absolutely crushed spirits at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, Margie Whipple Homicides said:

Just add (UK) to the end of whatever music listings you put out, it's fine. You don't even need to add it to your logo or physical merch.

Nah we discussed that, just seems tacky / odd, would rather just have a completely unique name. 

5 minutes ago, mahtmd said:

Brain on Fire. I'm very literal. 

yeah I tried the really obvious like Brain Burn and stuff like that but they all sound super dumb.

• 1 month later...

thanks to those bumping, but we've actually thought of one. Aint sharing it until it's all sorted and settled (because apparently people just steal shit these days) but it's pretty swish, thanks gang!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kay said:

thanks to those bumping, but we've actually thought of one. Aint sharing it until it's all sorted and settled (because apparently people just steal shit these days) but it's pretty swish, thanks gang!

Oh I thought this was a brand new thread when I replied haha. Good to hear, though!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Oh I thought this was a brand new thread when I replied haha. Good to hear, though!

lol nah it was back in July, we've already found a new name and getting logo work done, all moving!

• Like 1