Youtube live event: Oliver and the Fritzels

High Value Man

It honestly did mean a lot that to me that I had an audience of people who actually wanted to watch some Blink cover shit that most people wouldn't care about. That was really cool and I didn't say enough during the "performance" due to being totally nervous. So I hope this doesn't coming off as stupid but:.

Speedo: Thanks for helping with the accounts, your comments,  and watching!!!

Notnow: For screening it on his TV. I am sure that sounded like shit

Laura: My tuning was dead accurate I hope; except something got knocked out during Don't Leave me which I mostly fixed.

Beth: For showing up and watching. That was cool.

Ghent: For saying I look like Pee Wee even though he probably smoked way too many cigarettes and drank too much.

Kay: I am not sure she made it but staying up at 3am at her drummers was cool.

Niku: Thanks for the potatoe comments

Kyle: Appreciate you input.

Chewy: Thanks for all your support! Free Bird was nice.

Alan Rickman: You come up with the most clever little things to post.

Rene: You should post your video.

Diddy Faplord: Whenever he gets back from his GFs house.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I was wondering if this was just happening to me? I keep getting redirected to “Loomaspace” every time I click on a thread on mobile Safari. I reset all my Safari settings and it’s still happening... :(

Oliver I tuned in for the first few songs but the sound quality was pretty bad and I had to be quiet, will check out more later.

Getting the same thing on my phone.

Ill look into the issue. Actually dean will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

That was great Oliver! It was entartaining, I just wish the sound was a bit better. 

I'm kind of tempted to do a show myself now, but I don't want to steal your thunder.

I'll watch!

I'm sorry I wasn't home to watch it live last night, but I just watched it now. It's great that you actually did it, Oliver, and I really appreciate the effort. I just wish the audio was a little better!

My favourite song of your set was Voyeur, you were so good on that one ?

• Love 1

Thanks! Yeah, the sound is disappointing, especially listening to it on the phone. It didn't actually sound like that in person. I actually looked for my snowball mic I use to record with Aria and Speedo and after searching high and low, I found it, plugged it in, and the sound on that was actually WORSE than the webcam, so I didn't even use it. I am not sure what the deal was. Maybe too loud?

Plus the original idea was to do this in the room with my drumset and alternate drums and guitar. The fallen interlude was originally me playing drums. It didn't work. Just a lot of problems I had to deal with.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Thanks! Yeah, the sound is disappointing, especially listening to it on the phone. It didn't actually sound like that in person. I actually looked for my snowball mic I use to record with Aria and Speedo and after searching high and low, I found it, plugged it in, and the sound on that was actually WORSE than the webcam, so I didn't even use it. I am not sure what the deal was. Maybe too loud?

Plus the original idea was to do this in the room with my drumset and alternate drums and guitar. The fallen interlude was originally me playing drums. It didn't work. Just a lot of problems I had to deal with.

Mics ampify sound, if you think its too low then its perfect. Next time do a test video and use different sound levels to get good audio through your amp and PA (I'd suggest using a larger room) ... after you find a good volume for the amp and pa you can load whatever songs you wanna play on to your phone and listen to them through headphones while you play along ... pick songs that have guitar through out so there isn't awkward pauses or singing to empty space. Playing guitar through the amp, vocals through the pa and music through speakers just overloads and clips the mic leaving nothing but low, distorted frequencies and you can't really tell what's going on. The snoball would work great but you'll have to level everything first ... including your mics input.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Margie Whipple Homicides said:

Mics ampify sound, if you think its too low then its perfect. Next time do a test video and use different sound levels to get good audio through your amp and PA (I'd suggest using a larger room) ... after you find a good volume for the amp and pa you can load whatever songs you wanna play on to your phone and listen to them through headphones while you play along ... pick songs that have guitar through out so there isn't awkward pauses or singing to empty space. Playing guitar through the amp, vocals through the pa and music through speakers just overloads and clips the mic leaving nothing but low, distorted frequencies and you can't really tell what's going on. The snoball would work great but you'll have to level everything first ... including your mics input.

okay, Thanks!!

Listen coward, for one, I am a better guitar player than Matt Skiba. That was pretty obvious before the music even started. I guess you didn't watch it fuck face. He can't come close to pulling off the riffs I can. Singing could go either way. He has a higher range; but he sounds like dogshit and I can sing certain things better. Songwriting, he has me beat for sure.

Performing, he is better. But he plays 5000 shows and its his job.

As far as chocking up, yes, it was worse than I expected for sure. But I didn't completely blow it. Far from it. Again, did you watch the video?

You are a keyboard warrior coward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stage Presence:  Skiba  -  for as much as I think Skiba blows in this department, I think he still has more of a presence up on stage.  He doesn't move around much at all but he definitely appears more comfortable and relaxed. Both a little stiff.

Guitar Ability: Oliver - Oliver was almost majestically able to slide around the guitar in comparison to Skiba, and didn't miss as many notes.  Overall, I think he paid better respect to the band he was covering than Skiba.

Likeability: Oliver - this is a no brainer to me.  Oliver would be able to take the criticism better than Skiba and seems more thick skinned as well.

Vocals: Tie - This one was tough.  Skiba has a more dynamic and recognizable voice, but Oliver didn't just yell at us the whole time, during Fighting the Gravity I was soothed and felt more uplifted than any Skiba moment so far.  Effort goes to Oliver, ability probably goes to Skiba.

Experience: Skiba - This was going to be tough to overcome, obviously, but it has to play a factor here.  You had a few mishaps, including a lost guitar strap, Skiba would have been better prepared or at least a teleprompter in place.

Overall, I'd say the username still stands.  Oliver needs some work, but this will come with time.  I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt over Skiba.

@Donald Trump's Bulge It took guts doing what you did, no one can ever take that away from you. Some constructive criticism is that your -singingintoamicrophone- technique needs work, when you went for a look down at the guitar during some chord changes you either went too far away from the microphone or turned away your face all the way towards the point that you couldn't be heard at all. 

But what the fuck do you care, you don't play shows do you? 

Either way, great job!

8 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

It honestly did mean a lot that to me that I had an audience of people who actually wanted to watch some Blink cover shit that most people wouldn't care about. That was really cool and I didn't say enough during the "performance" due to being totally nervous. So I hope this doesn't coming off as stupid but:.

Speedo: Thanks for helping with the accounts, your comments,  and watching!!!

Notnow: For screening it on his TV. I am sure that sounded like shit

Laura: My tuning was dead accurate I hope; except something got knocked out during Don't Leave me which I mostly fixed.

Beth: For showing up and watching. That was cool.

Ghent: For saying I look like Pee Wee even though he probably smoked way too many cigarettes and drank too much.

Kay: I am not sure she made it but staying up at 3am at her drummers was cool.

Niku: Thanks for the potatoe comments

Kyle: Appreciate you input.

Chewy: Thanks for all your support! Free Bird was nice.

Alan Rickman: You come up with the most clever little things to post.

Rene: You should post your video.

Diddy Faplord: Whenever he gets back from his GFs house.

Nice man! Sorry I missed it! Was up north on a family golf trip, gf was my guest so I had to tend to those responsibitlies or else I would have been watching. Just getting my phone back into service, I’ll def check out the replay! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oliver>Skiba said:

Stage Presence:  Skiba  -  for as much as I think Skiba blows in this department, I think he still has more of a presence up on stage.  He doesn't move around much at all but he definitely appears more comfortable and relaxed. Both a little stiff.

Guitar Ability: Oliver - Oliver was almost majestically able to slide around the guitar in comparison to Skiba, and didn't miss as many notes.  Overall, I think he paid better respect to the band he was covering than Skiba.

Likeability: Oliver - this is a no brainer to me.  Oliver would be able to take the criticism better than Skiba and seems more thick skinned as well.

Vocals: Tie - This one was tough.  Skiba has a more dynamic and recognizable voice, but Oliver didn't just yell at us the whole time, during Fighting the Gravity I was soothed and felt more uplifted than any Skiba moment so far.  Effort goes to Oliver, ability probably goes to Skiba.

Experience: Skiba - This was going to be tough to overcome, obviously, but it has to play a factor here.  You had a few mishaps, including a lost guitar strap, Skiba would have been better prepared or at least a teleprompter in place.

Overall, I'd say the username still stands.  Oliver needs some work, but this will come with time.  I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt over Skiba.

Thanks for this review! Very helpful. Basically concur with all of it. You nailed the vocals thing. He has a higher range than I do; but I think I am better in the lower range of things.

5 hours ago, Since88 said:

@Donald Trump's Bulge It took guts doing what you did, no one can ever take that away from you. Some constructive criticism is that your -singingintoamicrophone- technique needs work, when you went for a look down at the guitar during some chord changes you either went too far away from the microphone or turned away your face all the way towards the point that you couldn't be heard at all. 

But what the fuck do you care, you don't play shows do you? 

Either way, great job!

Thanks for your input on that!

Some of that bad stuff was me on the verge of heat exhaustion. That was no joke.  I distinctly remember getting to a spot where I wasn't full invested in it and wasn't even really trying to fully sing parts since they were already on the recording.  Although I am definitely sure I need a lot of improvement too with microphone stuff.

14 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Skiba wins. Easily. 

Too bad your trolling is no longer effective.

Same goes for Bobby. You could have got away with it prior to me doing my little live "performance". Before You could have hid behind the "well lets see you do it". But now you can't. Thats too bad that you got humiliated.

36 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Too bad your trolling is no longer effective.

Same goes for Bobby. You could have got away with it prior to me doing my little live "performance". Before You could have hid behind the "well lets see you do it". But now you can't. Thats too bad that you got humiliated.

You freaked out performing to 6 people. 

• Haha 2