Youtube live event: Oliver and the Fritzels

High Value Man

33 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Thanks guys for watching. So I will say, that was much much harder than I thought it would be. I was nervous as shit, and I didn't expect it. I expected to talk and be witty and joke around and I just froze socially. What a disaster. I also couldn't hear the track and I know I was off in parts, forgot chords, lyrics. A complete mess. So I gained some new perspective. It didn't help that it was boiling hot and I was wearing a suit also.

It was not better than Skiba. But that's Skiba's job. I haven't played in front of people in almost 20 years. It was weird. Much harder than I expected. With practice I do think I have the talent to be as good as him. But not tonight.

So your words of kindness mean a lot thanks!!! Especially the fact that many of you watched for 90 mins.

As far as the song, I can't find the lyric sheet. But I will record it. I was going to say something but the stream cut off.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DJOliOliver said:

While I might not be quite as good of a performer, I definitely showed up a lot of the oliver haters on here. I held my own for about 80 minutes in heat, I played okay enough, sang okay enough. Performed okay enough. For no practice; it really wasn't bad.

So you were wrong again. But thats normal.

• Like 1

Hey man good shit. Glad you threw it down. You should try just a recorded video with decent sound now that you've proven you could bust out the show. 

The nerve of the 3 dislikes on the video though. I hope Antifa attacks you in error and your beat red crying face goes viral with milkshake on it. 

• Like 1

Yeah skiba is better by my estimation on everything but a solid effort by Oliver. Honestly better equipment and recording would do you wonders and maybe this could be a stepping stone to meeting the pro Skiba at this. Simple stuff like singing in key, or hell singing into the mic should be basic stuff Oli. But hey major props for getting it done! 

I couldn’t log in last night but I watched it when I got home. There’s a redirect virus scam thing on mobile. So annoying 

9 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

While I might not be quite as good of a performer, I definitely showed up a lot of the oliver haters on here. I held my own for about 80 minutes in heat, I played okay enough, sang okay enough. Performed okay enough. For no practice; it really wasn't bad.

So you were wrong again. But thats normal.

Why don’t you go ahead and tell me how I was wrong. I never said you can’t play guitar and wear a stupid suit. I’ve only ever maintained that you aren’t better than Matt, and that you would gag in front of 18000 people. You maintained that you are better than Matt and you wouldn’t give a shit about playing in front of 18000 people. 

And wouldn’t you know it, you choked in front of 6 people. 

I wouldn’t have even bothered chiming in if in your post admitting defeat you have to include “Well it’s Matt job so he should be better than me!” Instead I went easy on you with a light hearted Simpsons video and you couldn’t just take it in stride. 

You were wrong, I was right. I win, you lose. 

30 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Yeah skiba is better by my estimation on everything but a solid effort by Oliver. Honestly better equipment and recording would do you wonders and maybe this could be a stepping stone to meeting the pro Skiba at this. Simple stuff like singing in key, or hell singing into the mic should be basic stuff Oli. But hey major props for getting it done! 

I couldn’t log in last night but I watched it when I got home. There’s a redirect virus scam thing on mobile. So annoying 

Thanks Kyle.

1 minute ago, DJOliOliver said:

Why don’t you go ahead and tell me how I was wrong. I never said you can’t play guitar and wear a stupid suit. I’ve only ever maintained that you aren’t better than Matt, and that you would gag in front of 18000 people. You maintained that you are better than Matt and you wouldn’t give a shit about playing in front of 18000 people. 

I wouldn’t have even bothered chiming in if in your post admitting defeat you didn’t bother with “Well it’s Matt job so he should be better than me!” Instead I went easy on you with a light hearted Simpsons video and you couldn’t just take it in stride. 

Listen coward, for one, I am a better guitar player than Matt Skiba. That was pretty obvious before the music even started. I guess you didn't watch it fuck face. He can't come close to pulling off the riffs I can. Singing could go either way. He has a higher range; but he sounds like dogshit and I can sing certain things better. Songwriting, he has me beat for sure.

Performing, he is better. But he plays 5000 shows and its his job.

As far as chocking up, yes, it was worse than I expected for sure. But I didn't completely blow it. Far from it. Again, did you watch the video?

You are a keyboard warrior coward.

7 minutes ago, DJOliOliver said:

I wouldn’t have even bothered chiming in if in your post admitting defeat you have to include “Well it’s Matt job so he should be better than me!” Instead I went easy on you with a light hearted Simpsons video and you couldn’t just take it in stride. 

no need to be all boring dude.

8 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Listen coward, for one, I am a better guitar player than Matt Skiba. That was pretty obvious before the music even started. I guess you didn't watch it fuck face. He can't come close to pulling off the riffs I can. Singing could go either way. He has a higher range; but he sounds like dogshit and I can sing certain things better. Songwriting, he has me beat for sure.

Performing, he is better. But he plays 5000 shows and its his job.

As far as chocking up, yes, it was worse than I expected for sure. But I didn't completely blow it. Far from it. Again, did you watch the video?

You are a keyboard warrior coward.

Lol

22 minutes ago, DJOliOliver said:

Jesus, you're fucking tired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

There’s a redirect virus scam thing on mobile. So annoying 

Yeah I was wondering if this was just happening to me? I keep getting redirected to “Loomaspace” every time I click on a thread on mobile Safari. I reset all my Safari settings and it’s still happening... :(

Oliver I tuned in for the first few songs but the sound quality was pretty bad and I had to be quiet, will check out more later.

• Like 2