Weezer (Black Album)

twentytwenty

5 minutes ago, Since88 said:

Yeah I listened to it the first time a couple of weeks ago, totally missed it was released as well. It's a really good album though, i would recommend it!

I'll give it a listen and let you know.

• Like 1

Just finished it, I wasnt a big fan. It had a few decent tracks ... Zombie Bastards, Living In LA, I'm Just Being Honest, The Prince Who Wanted Everything and the music and melody on California Show was alright. Everything else wasn't very good though and I feel like Weezer phoned this one in, I can't say I'll ever come back to it, honestly.

• Like 2

Unless Rivers goes through a divorce or something awful, I think phoning it in and making music for 10 year olds is basically the weezer way. Which is fine, be true to oneself, but I don't' have to listen to it.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:58 AM, Since88 said:

Just got back from seeing Weezer, they’re really great live, like super tight. Really great show

I saw them 3 weeks ago, it was their first show ever here, the atmosphere was cool and they put on a great show. I only wish they played a few more songs from Pinkerton instead of all those covers (they only played The Good Life) but it was a great night, we had so much fun.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

I saw them 3 weeks ago, it was their first show ever here, the atmosphere was cool and they put on a great show. I only wish they played a few more songs from Pinkerton instead of all those covers (they only played The Good Life) but it was a great night, we had so much fun.

It was a great atmosphere during Africa though.
And I actually like when big bands throw in some of covers like that, makes them feel down to earth in some weird way

• Like 1

“Island in the Sun”?
Yeah. I remember being like, “That’s got to be them.” There’s a particular melody in there, that just seems very signature to Rivers’ style. I was like, “That’s good, that’s a really nice melody,” while eating my bread bowl. But I haven’t heard too much of it. 

28 minutes ago, Since88 said:

It was a great atmosphere during Africa though.
And I actually like when big bands throw in some of covers like that, makes them feel down to earth in some weird way

You're right. Both Africa and Take On Me were very well received at my show and it was fun to hear them, I probably could have done without Everybody Wants To Rule The World.