Remember that guy who signed up here to try and sell the bass Mark never used? That he bought for $3,000?

Hit me up Jans ex

Just now, tom18222 said:

buying something and trying to sell it for a profit is dishonest?? it would be dishonest if it was a fake replica. it's a legit bass. why not try to turn a profit? i don't understand 

for more than double it's auctionable worth? It's a bass Mark played at some point that doesn't appear on literally anything he's worked on, nor was it played live. it's a random battered bass not even worth what it was auctioned for let alone more than double that. it's a con. 

• Like 1

but if someone pays, i don't see the problem. he's not forcing anyone to do anything. if someones dumb enough to buy it then thats their own fault.

i sold my 1986 bobcat skid steer for 9k (paid 4k and used it for 5 years) and bought one 24 years newer for 9k. i didnt force anyone to buy or sell anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom18222 said:

but if someone pays, i don't see the problem. he's not forcing anyone to do anything. if someones dumb enough to buy it then thats their own fault.

i sold my 1986 bobcat skid steer for 9k (paid 4k and used it for 5 years) and bought one 24 years newer for 9k. i didnt force anyone to buy or sell anything.

It's immoral because he knows the value isn't there, as do most blink fans. and also, that makes you a bit of a dick too. 

Its value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it; the market price is the price that clears the market. It's not like the info box claims anything more than that Mark owned the guitar and may have used it. If some oil sheikh's son with a million-dollar weekly allowance considers that worth the $7000 or so premium, then so be it.

Mark made this guitar available for purchase to whoever would like it for 3000$. There might have been people who would've liked that bass for themselves for 3000$ . This dickhead just bought it with the intention to make more money of it.

If you don't see how that is a shitty move, i don't know what else to say.

Fortunately, nobody is going to buy it for that price. Lesson learned

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Its value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it; the market price is the price that clears the market. It's not like the info box claims anything more than that Mark owned the guitar and may have used it. If some oil sheikh's son with a million-dollar weekly allowance considers that worth the $7000 or so premium, then so be it.

Heard blink-182 are pretty huge in Qatar to be fair. 

37 minutes ago, Kay said:

It's immoral because he knows the value isn't there, as do most blink fans. and also, that makes you a bit of a dick too. 

I've got no issue with the flipping of it, if someone pays it then more fool them. 

I just hope he doesn't because I think it would be funny that he wasted all his savings on a bass that is a hunk of junk that isn't even recognised as a Mark Hoppus bass. 

I reckon the bloke who sold it to him for $3,000 was laughing their fucking head off when he left with it tbh. 

11 hours ago, Kay said:

its not immoral, hes not forcing anyone to buy anything. it's their own choice.

and my buying something cheap and reselling it high is called being smart

I doubt a weird bass that nobody would associate with Mark Hoppus, which was sold for $3000 when it was up for an auction promoted specifically by Mark, would get almost 3 times as much when it's sold by a random dude on ebay. But I don't really know the Blink memorabilia/auction world so maybe I'll be way wrong.

10 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

If it makes you guys feel better, there's zero chance anyone buys it for $8,000. He will be lucky to break even or get $4000

Fortunately, I think you're right. This is an instance where I think Karma will work this one out. I hope nobody even offers him $1,000 for it and he either sells it for a huge loss or sits on a bass he never wanted in the first place. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 9:29 PM, Feeling_This_1 said:

If it makes you guys feel better, there's zero chance anyone buys it for $8,000. He will be lucky to break even or get $4000

Mainly because he’s not Mark Hoppus or his associates selling it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bean Twiddler said:

Mainly because it’s not a guitar mark was ever seen with lol. This isn’t an Ernie ball or fender even 

Haha that’s lame he probably played it once and it sat in a back room.

• Like 2