New Song Darkside Out Friday

Chewy030

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

To be fair, they've said that to literally everything Skiba has done with blink when none of it sounds like Alk3, the forum has a lot of Matt fan boys who just say "alk3 vibes" regardless because they bum him. which is fine, just a tad ridiculous. I love that group but they have got blinkers on to some of this stuff. a lot of them despise matt in blink as well. 

That’s true. They’re a bit more intense with fanboyism then most of the people here. But I also saw a comment on the reddit post about this clip and again people were saying it seems very “alkaline trio-y” and every referenced ‘I found a way’ again so maybe just to the casual alk3 fans it does seem more trio-esque.

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

That’s true. They’re a bit more intense with fanboyism then most of the people here. But I also saw a comment on the reddit post about this clip and again people were saying it seems very “alkaline trio-y” and every referenced ‘I found a way’ again so maybe just to the casual alk3 fans it does seem more trio-esque.

I wonder though if it's literally just because the word "dark side" is in it lol 

• Like 1

We have only heard a snippet

But why does this sound like it came of California DLX and kinda sounds like a feldman mix. 

Okay, like....Bottom of the Ocean is a good song but the chorus sounds so dead

Its in the guitar sound and the drum sound and how its fused together.

I feel like this is the opposite end of what we were complaining about in 2011-2012

I actually think Happy Days, BIOMY and Generational Divide are a step into the right direction compared to cali..but this....nah man

You could get away with such a chorus if it just sounded cool, but it really doesn't. Factory Happy Meal sound, nothing to it

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, knapton said:

The yelling just ruins it. This Addiction came on today and while he's yelling in that, it's so much more tolerable than this crap

Yet you guys all used to argue you with me why Left Alone is a good song when that was the start of it for me.  I was like "why is he yelling so much" now it's all he does downright embarrassing.

Had a couple listens and I like it a lot. I definitely feel some simple creatures vibes. Marks “and I wait and I wait” goes on too long for me. Some of the vocal effects seem weird too, maybe it’s just leak quality though. Love all the Skeebs! Good song.