New Song Darkside Out Friday

Chewy030

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

this song made me happy when I listened to it and that's good enough for me

I like this. It annoys me sometimes when certain haters seem to get so pissed off when someone simply says they like the songs. They spout “yeah but you haven’t explained why you like the song in any detail! It’s just you like it and that’s it”. Yes that’s exactly it. I listen to it and the part of my brain or whatever that deciphers what I’m hearing from my ears says “yes. This is good. I like it” and that’s that. You don’t need 3 paragraphs of in depth critical analysis to explain why you like a like a song. Sometimes you just hear it and froth and that’s that.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I like this. It annoys me sometimes when certain haters seem to get so pissed off when someone simply says they like the songs. They spout “yeah but you haven’t explained why you like the song in any detail! It’s just you like it and that’s it”. Yes that’s exactly it. I listen to it and the part of my brain or whatever that deciphers what I’m hearing from my ears says “yes. This is good. I like it” and that’s that. You don’t need 3 paragraphs of in depth critical analysis to explain why you like a like a song. Sometimes you just hear it and froth and that’s that.

I mean I still have some complaints with the song but I’ve had it on repeat for the past hour, so I like it enough to do that. I haven’t really played any other new blink singles except GD sometimes and BIOMY just to sing along to Matt’s verse and butcher the chorus every time...and I dislike that one. You can say I’m a hypocrite but really there’s a difference to dissecting a song and criticizing it and just singing and/or playing along to it out of boredom.

12 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

ran out of likes but this is my ultimate problem with so many of the negative nancy's on this board.  Blink is not some aRt PrOjEcT band and never will be, I hate that people criticize every chord progression, vocal note, amp tone, whatever it is.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

That’s weird because it’s the total opposite for me. I get general Travis vibes with the dance beat and Travis going mayhem on hi-hats and cymbals. 

I’m not a drummer nerd or a drummer myself so don’t really an expert on who else’s style this would fit. Probably Derek Grant because ALK3’s I Found Away has a lot of similar elements to this song, especially with the drumming. Another drummer I love is Jimmy Chamberlin and I guess some of the drumming reminds me of The Smashing Pumpkins’ The Everlasting Gaze.

Travis’ general style is to overplay in a very tasteful way. This is restrained to the point that it’s almost conventional. I’ve played drums casually for about 15 years, and I honestly wouldn’t know it’s him. 

This is nothing against the drums or the or the song in general, I just found it surprising. 

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I don’t think it would’ve been too bad if they had just used mark for the pre chorus. Have skiba sing both verses and choruses aswell the bridge and just have mark do the pre chorus.

Yup 100% agree. That would've kept Mark in there (I think he sounds good in that spot) but not messed with the "symmetry" of the song, for lack of a better word haha. It's a kinda weird thing they just keep doing over and over.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

There's this bizarre phenomenon where people have different opinions, and that loads of people can be unhappy about blink in general but have differing opinions inside that topic. crazy, I know. 

An even more bizarre phenomenon is you shitting on blink's music day in and day out, yet releasing that god awful pile of shit I listened to on Spotify. My ears felt they were getting fucked with a rusty nail.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

An even more bizarre phenomenon is you shitting on blink's music day in and day out, yet releasing that god awful pile of shit I listened to on Spotify. My ears felt they were getting fucked with a rusty nail.

The only thing you accomplished with this post was being a massive dick. Great job.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Nice one. What an utter cunt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Does someone not liking Blink-182 anger you that much that you have to lash out in such a personal way on something they have clearly put a lot of effort into? 

I actually pity the fact that someone not liking your favourite band can make you act like such a cunt, sad!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Take a break, dickhead.

• Like 1

Just now, Champ182 said:

Damn first of all that was a serious dick move but also for real how is it that everyone who is militantly pro-new-era-Blink is from Kansas??

There are actually a few posters not just in Kansas but the Midwest who enjoy the band.  

We just know how to enjoy life and not hate everything? *shrug*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

There are actually a few posters not just in Kansas but the Midwest who enjoy the band.  

Haha I think I'm that way as well, but that last post by Watcher does not seem like that type of person.

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

You do realise it is possible to enjoy life, not hate everything but still not enjoy this era of blink-182? *shrug*

I love loads of stuff and think life is pretty great, me thinking Blame it on My Youth is a bit of a shit song doesn't really effect on my outlook on life generally funnily enough...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just now, ...Dan... said:

You do realise it is possible to enjoy life, not hate everything but still not enjoy this era of blink-182? *shrug*

I love loads of stuff and think life is pretty great, me thinking Blame it on My Youth is a bit of a shit song doesn't really effect on my outlook on life generally funnily enough...

TBH I actually feel like you've become less extreme in recent times.  I'd say you're at least reasonable.  There are people here who change their narrative to shit on the band no matter what they do.  

• Like 1