New Song Darkside Out Friday

Chewy030

On 7/27/2019 at 11:41 AM, fran.182 said:

It kinda reminds me of what happens in Yellowcard’s “Make Me So”: strong verses, shit choruses.

I have to point this out because I love Yellowcard so much and yet this is so painfully true. Every time I listen to this song I can't figure out how they ever ended up releasing something so mediocre.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 9:20 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Got bored enough today to listen to the Chasing Shadows EP and my god new blink is so polished it made AVA sound like grunge.

In fairness, that EP isn't as polished as most of their releases. It sounds unfinished to me...and it basically was, as Tom admittedly threw it together faster than most of his releases.

Just listened to it. It doesn’t sound dated like BIOMY does. It wasn’t bad and is maybe my favorite of the released songs so far. That isn’t saying much, though, because it’s pretty boring. ?

• Like 2

On 7/26/2019 at 2:54 AM, boxelder said:

see to me even calling it alkaline anything is a massive insult to alkaline trio, and dubbing it +44 the sequel is an even bigger insult. it feels like mark hoppus working with songwriters trying to sound like the bands that came after blink. it’s closest cousins to me are ATL. it all just sounds like generic, insincere garbage

I said it before: to me feel like a collection made of Mark's collaborations.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

But they were the "adults" was my point. It would have been really easy to discount blink 182 for trying to be "mature" and trying to make progressive music. It would just be more accurate to say that people in "punk" bands or whatever trying to act superior to blink 182 are not exactly the "adults" in the grand scheme of it. 

for sure. that was just snark on my part.

• Like 1

I'm liking Darkside a lot. My only gripe is that it doesn't feel like a blink song. As much as I hated some California songs, most did somewhat have blink styled guitar tones and blink vibes in some of the songs. Out of these new songs I've only got that vibe from Generational Divide and the verses of BIOMY.

On 7/28/2019 at 12:48 AM, daveyjones said:

i think so too. i don't think i've ever met a fan of the band who was listening to them before enema who likes the untitled album.

That's because fans that "old" usually can't stand when the band branch out and evolve while pushing the boundaries in their genre

On 7/28/2019 at 3:20 AM, daveyjones said:

i'm okay with a few songs off each. i do listen to neighborhoods more than untitled. i like much of the lyrics and the overall sound. it sounds right for their age then. untitled to me always sounded like they were way out of their depth, producing and overproducing for months and months on end in that house. recording through a speaker that whirls around in circles doesn't making the songwriting any better.

In my opinion, I think they upped the songwriting, and that mainly Tom upped his songwriting. As for the production, I don't think the songs would have been as good with say TOYPAJ production, but I think the Untitled production fits that album like a glove. 

My favorite blink album is untitled, but I listen more to Neighborhoods these days when I listen to blink - which is not that often tbf. 
I can say this much though, I enjoy the new music, I enjoy California because I view it as another band. Tom was blink imo, and nothing can ever change my mind. I've always enjoyed his songwriting more than the songs Mark did.

• Like 2