New Song Darkside Out Friday

Chewy030

7 hours ago, Nasa said:

if blink went in a New Order direction, that would be so rad. New Order became one of my favorite bands last year.

Just recently got into them. Used to think they were meh. Not sure what I was thinking. 

• Love 1

I like this song better than all the rest on recent listen. It's better than most of Cali and Deluxe despite it being very John Feldmann/Goldfinger esque and generic chorus.  So much better than Blame It.

I would actually add this song to a mix if it wasn't under blink's name. 

I know I'm probably in the minority, but when I play these new songs BIOMY just really stands out as being so much "bigger"/catchier than the others. Feel like I could listen to it all day, whereas the others I get bored with pretty quickly.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I know I'm probably in the minority, but when I play these new songs BIOMY just really stands out as being so much "bigger"/catchier than the others. Feel like I could listen to it all day, whereas the others I get bored with pretty quickly.

I don’t know about bigger, it still sounds like it’s lacking in the chorus where full gears should be kicked in, but that’s just pop production. However, it’s somehow the catchiest and most memorable out of the singles released. Definitely my least favorite, but I’ll still sing along to Matt’s parts while doing the whole bedroom-blink guitarist getup.

The thing with Darkside is that i enjoy the second half of the first Chorus more than all other chorus parts. The indie Hi-Hat offbeat thing makes it more enjoyable.

The Mark verse is probably my favourite part from Nine so far

But that enjoyment doesn't flow that well during the entire song

2 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Travis also does something very similar/almost exact in Good Old Days.

Yeah i know, was thinking of that as i was writing. But i don't enjoy it on Good Old Days for some reason.

Like it more on the Darkside Progression. And i can't stand the vocals on Good Old Days. Feldy overcooked it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mikela said:

Even though Darkside does have a lot of elements to it that I normally would like, I just cant  get into it. Actually im disappointed that it hasn't grown on me more.. still think BIOMY is the best of the new songs beside the gangvocals 

BIOMY is one of the worst songs PERIOD, not just relating to Blink. In my opinion.  I'd almost rather listen to The Click Five. Almost. 

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

I have listened to these new songs just a couple of times and I never felt the urge to do it again. I don't think they have any staying power. I mean, at least I was able to enjoy California for a few months after it came out. Then I got bored soon after repeated listening but the new songs are just uninspired. 
Ry-bread's prediction was true. When Nine comes out, I think we're going to regret talking shit about Cali.

• Like 1