New Song Darkside Out Friday

Chewy030

2 hours ago, mikela said:

Honestly dont understand the massive hate on BIOMY. I like the playful melody in the start and the chorus is memorable and personally something that has been stuck in my head for a while now. If the lyrics and theme were different I'd say its one of the best of the Skibaera.

It's sounds like a fricken Disney Land theme song.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elisa said:

I have listened to these new songs just a couple of times and I never felt the urge to do it again. I don't think they have any staying power. I mean, at least I was able to enjoy California for a few months after it came out. Then I got bored soon after repeated listening but the new songs are just uninspired. 
Ry-bread's prediction was true. When Nine comes out, I think we're going to regret talking shit about Cali.

Same. Listened to them and never had the urge to do so again. I guess Happy Days would be the exception, I listened to a it a few times the first couple days it was out, but haven't revisited that since either. And Ry-Bread is right. I too said that Nine will have us missing Cali the way Cali had us missing Neighborhoods lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Eh, I doubt that. I always loved Neighborhoods. I was always disappointed by California. California Deluxe was far worse than California in my opinion and it still didn't make me "miss" the original California era.

Just you wait and see til Nine comes out and see how bad it disappoints you lol. You may just be reaching for that California Deluxe to listen to lmfao

• Haha 1

Listened to this again today and it seemed way too repetitive with the chorus. I felt like 90% of the song was just “I don’t care what you say nooo I don’t care what you do, Bla Bla”. Starts off super strong with Skiba’s verse then just goes downhill.

And I’d be willing to bet Feldy wrote that chorus, it sounds exactly like something he would write or even use for Goldfinger. I can picture his dildo head screaming it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't love the lyrics but I really like everything else about the song. It's catchy and fun.

I agree, in a sense. I agree it’s catchy and fun for a certain group of fans (maybe a lot, I don’t really know). However, what I really want is blink 182. Genuine blink 182. Right now there are three guys (Mark Matt and Travis) that make up the group. I want music written by them. What we actually have is music written by a lot of different folks, fake. I want to know what they are going through as 45yr olds, not what they want to write for 17yr olds to stay popular/relevant. Just be real man.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Generational Divide and Happy Days felt pretty real to me.

Obviously my dream scenario would be music in the same vein as the untitled record, or even the Dogs Eating Dogs EP, but I know that's never happening. I don't want another California but I've mostly enjoyed what we've heard of this new album so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Listened to this again today and it seemed way too repetitive with the chorus. I felt like 90% of the song was just “I don’t care what you say nooo I don’t care what you do, Bla Bla”. Starts off super strong with Skiba’s verse then just goes downhill.

And I’d be willing to bet Feldy wrote that chorus, it sounds exactly like something he would write or even use for Goldfinger. I can picture his dildo head screaming it.

Yeah it definitely sounds like something off 'The Knife'

30 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Generational Divide and Happy Days felt pretty real to me.

Obviously my dream scenario would be music in the same vein as the untitled record, or even the Dogs Eating Dogs EP, but I know that's never happening. I don't want another California but I've mostly enjoyed what we've heard of this new album so far.

I have this weird/not-so-weird conspiracy that IF this album flops (which as of right now it’s not looking so well), something crucial will happen to the band. Many scenarios could happen if Mark realizes this isn’t working and either: go back to basics with Matt, Travis, and himself (new producer and no outsiders or pressure to what blink should be; everyone gives 100%), end blink and do Simple Creatures full-time (most unlikely but we’ve seen how elated he is in SC now - seems to be his creative outlet now), take a long recording hiatus and just tour for years without any hints of new music, take a silent hiatus and everyone goes back to their projects/bands, or blink’s activeness fades away and as time goes by Tom decides to finally return - they (with or without Matt) make their last album and have a huge ass tour to go out with a bang (or just tours instead of waiting a decade for Tom to record with them).

• Like 1

- I thought Darkside was quite cool and catchy when I first heard it but can't say it had much staying power with me because I've felt no real desire to listen too it since the first few days it was out.
- Happy Days is just a really boring song, nothing about it stands out.
- Generational Divide is okay, but it's 0.49 and that Skiba vocal in the mix is offensive.
- BIOMY has it's moments I guess but overall it's a bit of an uncohesive mess, really falls apart when it gets to the chorus for me. 

Worry is these are the songs they leading the album with...

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I haven’t listened to any of them again. They’re fucking turd. I love pop punk and theyre not even good pop punk songs ffs. 

That's the strange thing, I still quite like newish sounding pop punk - blink are just not very good at it anymore.

This more mature/pop sound they are going for isn't overly working for them either.

Will reserve full judgement until I hear the album but it's not looking promising is it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

That's the strange thing, I still quite like newish sounding pop punk - blink are just not very good at it anymore.

This more mature/pop sound they are going for isn't overly working for them either.

Will reserve full judgement until I hear the album but it's not looking promising is it.

It’s going to be a bag of shit. None of those songs are better than anything on California imo