New Song Darkside Out Friday

Chewy030

Count me as one of the few that thinks these new songs are better than the majority of California. The only problem for me is none of the songs stand out as amazing. For me personally, that song would've been Generational Divide if it wasn't 40-50 seconds long. Darkside is a good song. Can't really stop listening to it. But it's not on that Kaleidoscope/Long Lost Feeling level for me. Generational Divide is that level but it's hard to get attached to a song that's short. Happy Days has grown on me, but I wish the chorus could've stood out more. It's almost as quiet as the verses despite the fact that it's meant to be the "heavy" part of the song. They should've boosted it up a bit more, because it makes the song a bit boring for me. BIOMY is very catchy, especially that synth riff at the beginning. I enjoy the song for what it is but it's not what I want from blink.

Right now i'm just glad the songs are better than Parking Lot, SOOHM, California, Wildfire, Don't Mean Anything, Sober, Teenage Satellites and Rabbit Hole. California really had some awful songs. Blink never had awful songs before that. I like to think that Nine will mostly be decent/average songs with a couple of amazing songs. To me that would be a step in the right direction. But I'm not gonna act like it's a perfect album. Blink can still do way way better and they don't need 10 songwriters helping them out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Count me as one of the few that thinks these new songs are better than the majority of California. The only problem for me is none of the songs stand out as amazing. For me personally, that song would've been Generational Divide if it wasn't 40-50 seconds long. Darkside is a good song. Can't really stop listening to it. But it's not on that Kaleidoscope/Long Lost Feeling level for me. Generational Divide is that level but it's hard to get attached to a song that's short. Happy Days has grown on me, but I wish the chorus could've stood out more. It's almost as quiet as the verses despite the fact that it's meant to be the "heavy" part of the song. They should've boosted it up a bit more, because it makes the song a bit boring for me. BIOMY is very catchy, especially that synth riff at the beginning. I enjoy the song for what it is but it's not what I want from blink.

Right now i'm just glad the songs are better than Parking Lot, SOOHM, California, Wildfire, Don't Mean Anything, Sober, Teenage Satellites and Rabbit Hole. California really had some awful songs. Blink never had awful songs before that. I like to think that Nine will mostly be decent/average songs with a couple of amazing songs. To me that would be a step in the right direction. But I'm not gonna act like it's a perfect album. Blink can still do way way better and they don't need 10 songwriters helping them out.

it seems the less feldman is implicated the better the outcome

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Sober is still the catchiest song the made after Tom left and I think that it's better than anything they released from Nine.

On 8/11/2019 at 3:58 AM, Elisa said:

I have listened to these new songs just a couple of times and I never felt the urge to do it again. I don't think they have any staying power. I mean, at least I was able to enjoy California for a few months after it came out. Then I got bored soon after repeated listening but the new songs are just uninspired. 
Ry-bread's prediction was true. When Nine comes out, I think we're going to regret talking shit about Cali.

Even if Nine is shittier than California it doesn't make the original opinion about California wrong.

• Like 2

California was awesome. I'm sure this album will be too, but I doubt I will like it quite as much. Will be hard to top

Miserable cunts will miserable cunt, it's what you do. It wouldn't matter what they released

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

California was awesome. I'm sure this album will be too, but I doubt I will like it quite as much. Will be hard to top

Miserable cunts will miserable cunt, it's what you do. It wouldn't matter what they released

I'm a really happy person generally and my general happiness/levels of miserable cuntness are not intrinsically linked to the music that blink-182 release. 

Just now, ...Dan... said:

I'm a really happy person generally and my general happiness/levels of miserable cuntness are not intrinsically linked to the music that blink-182 release. 

But being a miserable cunt is a british default isn't it...even if you're a happy person?

2 hours ago, alex_dept. said:

Sober is still the catchiest song the made after Tom left and I think that it's better than anything they released from Nine.

I like the verses (apart from that stupid gang vocal that happens in it). They give off that +44 Make You Smile/Postal Service vibe.

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

Revolution Radio was excellent 

It was okay, definitely enough there to be content with it.  I'm a Green Day fan too and no way I can say they have tarnished their music as much as blink.  

They're not as exciting anymore, but they don't have songwriting teams write Neck Deep songs for them. Still sound like Green Day to me.

It's weird being so miserable and still liking Green Day though.

3 minutes ago, Self Untitled said:

It was okay, definitely enough there to be content with it.  I'm a Green Day fan too and no way I can say they have tarnished their music as much as blink.  

They're not as exciting anymore, but they don't have songwriting teams write Neck Deep songs for them. Still sound like Green Day to me.

It's weird being so miserable and still liking Green Day though.

I really liked it a lot, it was nice having regular songs again after A.I. and 21st CB ... I ignore the trilogy completely ... i definitely prefer post A.I. Green Day but that's never coming back. Revolution Radio sounds like Green Day post-2004 just a cleaned up and tighter version of itself. 

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I really liked it a lot, it was nice having regular songs again after A.I. and 21st CB ... I ignore the trilogy completely ... i definitely prefer post A.I. Green Day but that's never coming back. Revolution Radio sounds like Green Day post-2004 just a cleaned up and tighter version of itself. 

Post A.I.??   Surely you mean pre?  I agree that's not coming back, and was their prime, but A.I./post A.I. is a bit like self titled, and it's still good music.  I'm glad they're still in that realm versus California/NINE

10 minutes ago, Speedo said:

There are some absolute bangers on the trilogy dude, you’re missing out. You get one great album out of those three records imo

• Like 1