Chewy030

New Song Darkside Out Friday

New Order/The Cure are kinda what I assumed new Blink would veer toward like 4 years ago. Poppy/electronic in an 80s way

• Like 6

I actually thought that too and wished for that.

I really love stuff like the synth on Always or Ghost On The Dancefloor, and love the flangers on guitars or bass.

A nice blend between angsty alternative Boxcar racer guitars, 80s bittersweet/romantic new wave, energetic poppunk, with a touch of electronics. That would be my blink

Its fun to dream 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

I actually thought that too and wished for that.

I really love stuff like the synth on Always or Ghost On The Dancefloor, and love the flangers on guitars or bass.

A nice blend between angsty alternative Boxcar racer guitars, 80s bittersweet/romantic new wave, energetic poppunk, with a touch of electronics. That would be my blink

Its fun to dream 

Yup well said

• Like 1

I can't be more hyped for this album. Not in a traditional way, but in a more curious way in order to see how they have managed to assemble this kind of Frankenstein (I mean, this album is looking like this at the moment). Mark is saying is diverse and all, but it better be amazingly glued on thorugh the tracklist order, otherwise this is looking like is gonna sound like a total disjointed thing.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

if blink went in a New Order direction, that would be so rad. New Order became one of my favorite bands last year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nasa said:

if blink went in a New Order direction, that would be so rad. New Order became one of my favorite bands last year.

Just recently got into them. Used to think they were meh. Not sure what I was thinking. 

• Love 1

I like this song better than all the rest on recent listen. It's better than most of Cali and Deluxe despite it being very John Feldmann/Goldfinger esque and generic chorus.  So much better than Blame It.

I would actually add this song to a mix if it wasn't under blink's name. 

I know I'm probably in the minority, but when I play these new songs BIOMY just really stands out as being so much "bigger"/catchier than the others. Feel like I could listen to it all day, whereas the others I get bored with pretty quickly.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I know I'm probably in the minority, but when I play these new songs BIOMY just really stands out as being so much "bigger"/catchier than the others. Feel like I could listen to it all day, whereas the others I get bored with pretty quickly.

I don’t know about bigger, it still sounds like it’s lacking in the chorus where full gears should be kicked in, but that’s just pop production. However, it’s somehow the catchiest and most memorable out of the singles released. Definitely my least favorite, but I’ll still sing along to Matt’s parts while doing the whole bedroom-blink guitarist getup.

BIOMY is the strongest grower of them all

fucking hated it when i first listened to it, now i love it

The instrumental is very breezy and colourful. Get a good feeling out of it for sure

• Like 1

I like BIOMY a heck of a lot more then the other ones.  It reminds me of Feeling This.  I don't like Darkside much, I like Happy Days some, but not as much, and GD sounds too much like a short version of Heart's All Gone.

11 minutes ago, darkarrow said:

I like BIOMY a heck of a lot more then the other ones.  It reminds me of Feeling This.  

Wait, forreal?

• Like 1

The thing with Darkside is that i enjoy the second half of the first Chorus more than all other chorus parts. The indie Hi-Hat offbeat thing makes it more enjoyable.

The Mark verse is probably my favourite part from Nine so far

But that enjoyment doesn't flow that well during the entire song

12 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

The thing with Darkside is that i enjoy the second half of the first Chorus more than all other chorus parts. The indie Hi-Hat offbeat thing makes it more enjoyable.

Travis also does something very similar/almost exact in Good Old Days.

2 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Travis also does something very similar/almost exact in Good Old Days.

Yeah i know, was thinking of that as i was writing. But i don't enjoy it on Good Old Days for some reason.

Like it more on the Darkside Progression. And i can't stand the vocals on Good Old Days. Feldy overcooked it

• Like 1

Even though Darkside does have a lot of elements to it that I normally would like, I just cant  get into it. Actually im disappointed that it hasn't grown on me more.. still think BIOMY is the best of the new songs beside the gangvocals