Chewy030

New Song Darkside Out Friday

They're all garbage. Every single one. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mikela said:

Even though Darkside does have a lot of elements to it that I normally would like, I just cant  get into it. Actually im disappointed that it hasn't grown on me more.. still think BIOMY is the best of the new songs beside the gangvocals 

BIOMY is one of the worst songs PERIOD, not just relating to Blink. In my opinion.  I'd almost rather listen to The Click Five. Almost. 

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

I have listened to these new songs just a couple of times and I never felt the urge to do it again. I don't think they have any staying power. I mean, at least I was able to enjoy California for a few months after it came out. Then I got bored soon after repeated listening but the new songs are just uninspired. 
Ry-bread's prediction was true. When Nine comes out, I think we're going to regret talking shit about Cali.

• Like 1

Honestly dont understand the massive hate on BIOMY. I like the playful melody in the start and the chorus is memorable and personally something that has been stuck in my head for a while now. If the lyrics and theme were different I'd say its one of the best of the Skibaera.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikela said:

Honestly dont understand the massive hate on BIOMY. I like the playful melody in the start and the chorus is memorable and personally something that has been stuck in my head for a while now. If the lyrics and theme were different I'd say its one of the best of the Skibaera.

It's sounds like a fricken Disney Land theme song.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elisa said:

I have listened to these new songs just a couple of times and I never felt the urge to do it again. I don't think they have any staying power. I mean, at least I was able to enjoy California for a few months after it came out. Then I got bored soon after repeated listening but the new songs are just uninspired. 
Ry-bread's prediction was true. When Nine comes out, I think we're going to regret talking shit about Cali.

Same. Listened to them and never had the urge to do so again. I guess Happy Days would be the exception, I listened to a it a few times the first couple days it was out, but haven't revisited that since either. And Ry-Bread is right. I too said that Nine will have us missing Cali the way Cali had us missing Neighborhoods lol. 

• Like 1

Eh, I doubt that. I always loved Neighborhoods. I was always disappointed by California. California Deluxe was far worse than California in my opinion and it still didn't make me "miss" the original California era.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

the chorus of dakrside is what happens when they dont have any idea for a chorus and force it in

That is true tho

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Eh, I doubt that. I always loved Neighborhoods. I was always disappointed by California. California Deluxe was far worse than California in my opinion and it still didn't make me "miss" the original California era.

Just you wait and see til Nine comes out and see how bad it disappoints you lol. You may just be reaching for that California Deluxe to listen to lmfao

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

the chorus of dakrside is what happens when they dont have any idea for a chorus and force it in

Yea or when they let feldy write that shit.

• Like 3

Listened to this again today and it seemed way too repetitive with the chorus. I felt like 90% of the song was just “I don’t care what you say nooo I don’t care what you do, Bla Bla”. Starts off super strong with Skiba’s verse then just goes downhill.

And I’d be willing to bet Feldy wrote that chorus, it sounds exactly like something he would write or even use for Goldfinger. I can picture his dildo head screaming it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't love the lyrics but I really like everything else about the song. It's catchy and fun.

I agree, in a sense. I agree it’s catchy and fun for a certain group of fans (maybe a lot, I don’t really know). However, what I really want is blink 182. Genuine blink 182. Right now there are three guys (Mark Matt and Travis) that make up the group. I want music written by them. What we actually have is music written by a lot of different folks, fake. I want to know what they are going through as 45yr olds, not what they want to write for 17yr olds to stay popular/relevant. Just be real man.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Generational Divide and Happy Days felt pretty real to me.

Obviously my dream scenario would be music in the same vein as the untitled record, or even the Dogs Eating Dogs EP, but I know that's never happening. I don't want another California but I've mostly enjoyed what we've heard of this new album so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Listened to this again today and it seemed way too repetitive with the chorus. I felt like 90% of the song was just “I don’t care what you say nooo I don’t care what you do, Bla Bla”. Starts off super strong with Skiba’s verse then just goes downhill.

And I’d be willing to bet Feldy wrote that chorus, it sounds exactly like something he would write or even use for Goldfinger. I can picture his dildo head screaming it.

Yeah it definitely sounds like something off 'The Knife'