Jump to content
 
Chewy030

New Song Darkside Out Friday

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

To be fair, they've said that to literally everything Skiba has done with blink when none of it sounds like Alk3, the forum has a lot of Matt fan boys who just say "alk3 vibes" regardless because they bum him. which is fine, just a tad ridiculous. I love that group but they have got blinkers on to some of this stuff. a lot of them despise matt in blink as well. 

That’s true. They’re a bit more intense with fanboyism then most of the people here. But I also saw a comment on the reddit post about this clip and again people were saying it seems very “alkaline trio-y” and every referenced ‘I found a way’ again so maybe just to the casual alk3 fans it does seem more trio-esque.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

That’s true. They’re a bit more intense with fanboyism then most of the people here. But I also saw a comment on the reddit post about this clip and again people were saying it seems very “alkaline trio-y” and every referenced ‘I found a way’ again so maybe just to the casual alk3 fans it does seem more trio-esque.

 

I wonder though if it's literally just because the word "dark side" is in it lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kay said:

I wonder though if it's literally just because the word "dark side" is in it lol 

Who knows! Either way my point was Ghent isn’t alone and just lying for the sake of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have only heard a snippet

But why does this sound like it came of California DLX and kinda sounds like a feldman mix. 

Okay, like....Bottom of the Ocean is a good song but the chorus sounds so dead

Its in the guitar sound and the drum sound and how its fused together.

 

I feel like this is the opposite end of what we were complaining about in 2011-2012

I actually think Happy Days, BIOMY and Generational Divide are a step into the right direction compared to cali..but this....nah man

You could get away with such a chorus if it just sounded cool, but it really doesn't. Factory Happy Meal sound, nothing to it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ghost said:

AK3 vibes? I Found A Way ressemblance? Really? That's funny.

 

Oh, I remember when Matt Skiba didn't yell in every line.  Good timez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The yelling just ruins it. This Addiction came on today and while he's yelling in that, it's so much more tolerable than this crap

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, knapton said:

The yelling just ruins it. This Addiction came on today and while he's yelling in that, it's so much more tolerable than this crap

Yet you guys all used to argue you with me why Left Alone is a good song when that was the start of it for me.  I was like "why is he yelling so much" now it's all he does downright embarrassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Justice4Mike said:

Yet you guys all used to argue you with me why Left Alone is a good song when that was the start of it for me.  I was like "why is he yelling so much" now it's all he does downright embarrassing.

left alone as some terrific verse music and lyrics

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the production of that little clip had feldy all over it. And that is why it's the best sounding one yet of this album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's out. I don't know if I like it though. This album is going to be a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get a simple Creatures vibe with this one. It’s ok but on first listen it’s my least favorite so far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I get a simple Creatures vibe with this one. It’s ok but on first listen it’s my least favorite so far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJA9geG9msvMj9zlwNs_0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJA9geG9msvMj9zlwNs_0ZF_1qfh4117AiRNr7R0suLo56czif


It means you’re going to love this track Scott!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a couple listens and I like it a lot. I definitely feel some simple creatures vibes. Marks “and I wait and I wait” goes on too long for me. Some of the vocal effects seem weird too, maybe it’s just leak quality though. Love all the Skeebs! Good song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...