Has your opinion of Mark changed over the years?

Meltdown Tracker

Has your opinion of Mark changed over the years?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Has your opinion of Mark changed over the years?

• No, I still view him the same since I first discovered Blink.
    • Yes, I like him more now.
    • Yes, I don’t like him as much now.

1 minute ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

result of this pool is very telling

sounds to me like the vocal minority who realy loves what blink is doing is realy loud 

I didn't even vote. If he reads this board it must be so much depressing.

I was about to ask if if these writers are closely associated with Feldman because Darkside sounds like it's from him. Nevermind, it makes sense now. 

On the actual topic, all I have to say is Mark has been the same douchebag since starting +44. Before that, I thought differently of him and Tom. 

I'm starting to think recruting Skiba was a bad idea. If they got a stand-in guitarist who just played the songs, fans could come up and sing some Tom songs at the live shows or something and Mark and Trav could collaborate with whoever (including Skiba) in the studio. Recruiting one of the best songwriters in the genre and then using other writers is just fucking dumb.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Or maybe obsessing over songwriting credits is dumb. You're too old for this Thongy boy

Its not an obsession. Just a valid point in a topic about Mark.

I honestly don't care. Removing the whole idea of them not writing their own music.....there are a few good songs on California. But so much potential has been tossed out the window. That has been the problem with Blink post 2004. They are operating at about 30% of their potential. Making very basic and obvious errors in how the band is managed and simply don't have any magic left outside of being a tribute band.

We could discuss why people feel this way; but it would feature your one liners and just overall ignoring basic facts. 3-4 years now and you still can't answer very basic points.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Or maybe obsessing over songwriting credits is dumb. You're too old for this Thongy boy

What I don't get is why you're so excited about this Skiba era, but don't want Skiba to write the songs.

29 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Its not an obsession. Just a valid point in a topic about Mark.

I honestly don't care. Removing the whole idea of them not writing their own music.....there are a few good songs on California. But so much potential has been tossed out the window. That has been the problem with Blink post 2004. They are operating at about 30% of their potential. Making very basic and obvious errors in how the band is managed and simply don't have any magic left outside of being a tribute band.

We could discuss why people feel this way; but it would feature your one liners and just overall ignoring basic facts. 3-4 years now and you still can't answer very basic points.

I think that's the case with most bands where the band members are 35+ though.

2 minutes ago, thongrider said:

What I don't get is why you're so excited about this Skiba era, but don't want Skiba to write the songs.

Skiba does write the songs. The whole band does. They collaborate with songwriters and producers in the studio, it's not that big of a deal

• Like 3