What is the worst era of Blink?   

70 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst era of Blink?

• Buddha - Dude Ranch
    • Enema of the State - TOYPAJ
    • Self-Titled
    • Neighbourhoods/DED
    • California onwards

Obviously the current era, only because it just doesn't feel the same. There are songs I really enjoy from Cali and I certainly enjoy the new songs but they don't have the same feel. I'm a tombot and I miss him, I don't think it'll ever be the same without him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

I voted for Untitled. I can make the argument for Neighborhoods/DED though too.

Whoever voted Buddha to Dude Ranch needs their head examined.

LOL I was going to say what the fuck. I myself am not a big fan of the Untitled era, but I don't understand how that could be worse than the current era. But I will respect that opinion and focus on flaming whoever voted for Buddha-Dude Ranch haha. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Bean Twiddler said:

LOL I was going to say what the fuck. I myself am not a big fan of the Untitled era, but I don't understand how that could be worse than the current era. But I will respect that opinion and focus on flaming whoever voted for Buddha-Dude Ranch haha. 

I understand it more than I would enema-toypaj.

no surprises here, but definitely right now. with cheshire and dude ranch, you can feel the energy and optimism, the relentless touring, learning how to be an artist. with EOTS and TOYPAJ, you can see them perfecting their sound and their wildest dreams coming true. with untitled and neighborhoods, they’re more creative than ever, exploring their sound and changing things up. and as far as trying to make synthesized, radio-forward records go, you can’t beat right now. but with tom gone and the music being so poor, you can’t help but feel they’re lost

• Like 1

I mean, even if you didn't like Self Titled/boxcar/+44/breakup era, the drama was still so much fun.

I remember looking profoundly out the window, trying to hold back a small tear as No It Isn't came out the very first time.

Anybody who picks Dude Ranch should be shot.

Anybody who picks Enema-Toypaj is a hipster.

18 minutes ago, Self Untitled said:

I mean, even if you didn't like Self Titled/boxcar/+44/breakup era, the drama was still so much fun.

I remember looking profoundly out the window, trying to hold back a small tear as No It Isn't came out the very first time.

Anybody who picks Dude Ranch should be shot.

Anybody who picks Enema-Toypaj is a hipster.

God his pain in that first version was harrowing. felt like I'd been punched in the stomach when I first heard it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mikela said:

Neighbourhoods//DED.. to me not even close. The band never seemed to get into a flow. Constant interruptions and drama leading to no good. To me blink felt more dead then than now. At least the band is going strong now writing records, going on tour etc. 

Yeah I hear you, that era only seems decent in hindsight after getting into the current era. Living through it was pretty annoying and left everybody with blue balls all the time.

• Like 3