Song you wish they played live or would play live...

blinkstillrules

5 hours ago, boxelder said:

seconded on emo and online songs. would also like to hear apple shampoo pop up more frequently, and there's a lot of TOYPAJ that's gone unplayed (story of a lonely guy, roller coaster).

Roller Coaster was in the setlist back in 2001. I remember them playing it when I saw them, as was Story Of A Lonely Guy and Please Take Me Home.

7 hours ago, blinkstillrules said:

Roller Coaster was in the setlist back in 2001. I remember them playing it when I saw them, as was Story Of A Lonely Guy and Please Take Me Home.

I don't think I've ever heard or seen any videos of them playing Story of a Lonely Guy before. That's rad, I've gotta look that up.

I didn't realize that so many people love Online Songs. That was always a "skip" for me. 

I would love to hear "Don't Tell Me That It's Over," "Time to Break Up," and for them to bring back "Give Me One Good Reason" which I believe they only ever played during the initial TOYPAJ tour. "Enthused" would be great as well. 

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't think I've ever heard or seen any videos of them playing Story of a Lonely Guy before. That's rad, I've gotta look that up.

They played it on the 2001 TOYPAJ tour. I remember it because it was one of my favorite songs from the album at the time. Mark added in little "whoa oh whoa ohs" in the chorus

• Like 1

Just now, daveyjones said:

dancing with myself

Fuck yea! Forgot about this gem! The ol' Billy Idol cover. This was an awesome cover. Since you brought it up, when was this recorded, and with whom, do you know?  It sounds like better production to me than Chesire Cat, but not as good as Dude Ranch. Was it recorded sometime in between?

Looks like the Dancing With Myself cover was from this 1997 comp: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Before-You-Were-Punk/release/1520952

I always loved that cover! I never knew it was from that early on though I guess. I hope @daveyjones has some more info about the recording sessions, it honestly sounds better quality than Cheshire OR Dude Ranch to me.

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Looks like the Dancing With Myself cover was from this 1997 comp: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Before-You-Were-Punk/release/1520952

I always loved that cover! I never knew it was from that early on though I guess. I hope @daveyjones has some more info about the recording sessions, it honestly sounds better quality than Cheshire OR Dude Ranch to me.

one-off session at doubletime with jeff forrest in 1996 is all i know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bean Twiddler said:

I didn't realize that so many people love Online Songs. That was always a "skip" for me. 

I would love to hear "Don't Tell Me That It's Over," "Time to Break Up," and for them to bring back "Give Me One Good Reason" which I believe they only ever played during the initial TOYPAJ tour. "Enthused" would be great as well. 

Would love to hear Enthused live again but it has to be with Tom. Skiba can't play that correctly, he'll butcher it.

43 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

Would love to hear Enthused live again but it has to be with Tom.

i'd just love a repeat of the may 1, 1998 setlist at the hollywood palladium, the last time i saw them play with scott:

1.) Pathetic
2.) Peggy Sue
3.) Voyeur
4.) Wasting Time
5.) Does My Breath Smell?
6.) Josie
7.) Dick Lips
8.) Untitled
9.) Apple Shampoo
10.) Mutt
11.) Dammit
12.) Waggy