Song you wish they played live or would play live...

blinkstillrules

Just now, Cheerios4u98 said:

I would absolutely love to hear Pathetic, Wasting Time, and Apple Shampoo. Anything pre-Enema would get my hyped, but especially those three.

apple shampoo was one of the first tracks written for dude ranch which we heard live in 1996. they began playing dammit at shows in early 97.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I've always liked Apple Shampoo because blink is known for overusing the A-B-A-B-C-B song pattern, but Apple Shampoo doesn't even come close to following it. It's one of their weirder songs in terms of structure.

it’s a top tier tune. interesting structure, while still within their genre, plus the most honest lyrics mark ever penned. “i know just where i stand / a boy trapped in the body of a man” is pretty self aware for that era, and captures his peter pan tendencies better than anything else ever did

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Apple Shampoo doesn't even come close to following it. It's one of their weirder songs in terms of structure.

yea the running narrative (no real verse / chorus distinction or refrains) is super unique across the band's catalog. one of the best songs mark ever wrote.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Phteven_DeLounge said:

Romeo and Rebecca

21 Days

Touchdown Boy

M+M's

Dick Lips

Enthused

A New Hope

Apple Shampoo

Shut Up

Stockholm Syndrome

Heart's All Gone

No Future

Kings of the Weekend

21 Days is another song I wonder if they ever played live. Would love to discover a live bootleg recording with that and Cacophony.

Just now, blinkstillrules said:

21 Days is another song I wonder if they ever played live.

that was a song we certainly obsessed about in the cheshire cat days. there was a certain caste divide between those who had a copy or dub of the buddha cassette and those who did not. so that song was kind of a holy grail for those who had not heard it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

that was their standard set opener, 1995–1996. they always opened with "touchdown boy" and they always closed with "toast & bananas."

I asked Tom to play an acoustic version of it in an AVA Modlife chat once back in 2007 or 2008, and he did! It was cool. And likely the last time he ever played any version of that song to an audience.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

that was their standard set opener, 1995–1996. they always opened with "touchdown boy" and they always closed with "toast & bananas."

There is a video on YouTube I think of them playing with Travis. Or I could be getting it confused with Does my breath smell which is another id love to hear them bring back. They may have performed both with Travis at one point in his early days

wow! Apple shampoo in ‘13! Didn’t realize they brought it back in 2013 when Tom was still in the band. This crowd were some lucky bastards. Amazing even with Tom’s weak ass guitar tone. What if mark really is the sole reason they don’t bring back deeper cuts? If nothing else, they did start bringing back deeper cuts in Tom’s last days. 

• Love 1