Sign in to follow this  
Ry-Bread

Simple Creatures "Everything Opposite" EP2 Discussion

I'm not very impressed from SC. Some good songs like Ether but also some that annoy me. All the nanana singalongs and Alex' voice... not that great. Not really my cup of tea. I absolutely prefer NINE.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, lost said:

I'm not very impressed from SC. Some good songs like Ether but also some that annoy me. All the nanana singalongs and Alex' voice... not that great. Not really my cup of tea. I absolutely prefer NINE.

Same here, it's not even close really. Not sure what people see in SC but oh well!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lost said:

I love One Little Lie and NVM, a lot, Ether/Strange Love are alright. Agreed on the rest, it's very basic stuff, needs to be more experimental really.

• Like 1

Simple Creatures back in action last night, they played both EPs and a "Personal Jesus" cover.

VIPs got to make sock puppets with Mark/Alex which is so cool:

Merch Booth:

Opened with Adrenaline... FamousBurro has vids up already, no surprise there, though the quality is kinda crappy:

NVM

Drug

Thanks, I Hate It

• Like 1

Setlist from last night's show

Adrenaline, Special, NVM, How To Live, Personal Jesus (Depeche Mode cover),Thanks, I Hate It, Drug, The Wolf, Need Me, Ether, Lucy

Encore:

One Little Lie, Strange Love

Wish they would restock the original Simple Creatures hoodies both Mark/Alex are wearing. Been out of stock for a while on the UK store. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jigsaw said:

Wish they would restock the original Simple Creatures hoodies both Mark/Alex are wearing. Been out of stock for a while on the UK store. 

I know, I want it so bad and check all the time. I’ll even pay for overseas shipping but the UK store had XL only the last I checked. I don’t think they had it at the merch booth last night either. (Btw UK store has way more stuff than USA, like the print, fang pins, separate hoodies etc.) 

On 11/15/2019 at 10:01 AM, Ry-Bread said:

They have to know who he is by now... have to. He did VIP photo op at both SC shows a day apart.

Its hard enough to land radio-contest-only, or VIP tixs that sell out immediately. The fact that he never misses out on anything, made me assume he has a connection/hook-up of some sort. Didnt travis personally invite him to some show (possibly Back to the Beach?)

I think 99% of the time he’s just a paying fan. I know Trav’s drum tech hooks him up with the setlist all the time so he def knows him, and yeah it looked like Trav hooked him up on the friends/fam EOTS kickoff but that seemed like an isolated incident (which is why he bragged about it).

20191115-142728.jpg

Ok, so i just got back from a trip down under, and they had this FREE magazine avail at their record shops, so I grabbed a few thinking of you guys on here.

Its a larger sized magazine (a tiny bit smaller than 11x14 inches) and the feature article is only 1 page as seen in the picture.

Tbh, it probably isnt worth the shipping cost unless you are an ocd collector that needs every mag cover Hoppus is on.  BUT if anyone still does want it, im willing to mail out if you pay the postage and packaging. Because of the larger size, it would requiring me getting a larger sized bubble envelope probly (but i will ask post office for best advice), and I'll be mailing from western Canada. If you DM me your address, I can get post office to quote the shipping price. My estimate would be $5-7 for larger package + $12-15 shipping to USA, but thats just a guess. It's a thin light-weight magazine, so maybe it'd be cheaper.... but it's so large size dimensions that maybe it'd be even more???

Like i said, it probly isnt worth paying $25 bucks for a 1 page article, but if you really want it i thought i'd offer

• Like 1

@Marik nice! Yeah man I’d love one of these but can’t really justify that much for it. Is it too large to just send in a manila envelope as a letter with stamps? Would obviously increase chance of being bent, but would be a few bucks compared to $25. Lmk

I’m still then annoyed that mark is coming out here for the first time in like 6 years and only play 3 festival dates and that’s it.

He’s more or less confirmed that blink will never be back because of Travis issues with flying(completely understandable) and here he is in a new band with none of those limitations and he’s still fucking us.

Yeah you’d think they’d toss in a small gig for the heck of it, but I honestly just think they’d have a hard time filling a small venue. What’s up with playing the same festival 3 nights in a row? Does it rotate cities each day or something with the same bands?

Different cities yeah. I didn’t realise each date was back to back like that, guess it makes a little more sense.

Still come all this way, stick around for an extra week and do some shows. A day to remember is playing the same festival. Marks toured with them heaps. Could’ve joined up for shows and sold out decent venues.

Most likely the festival payed them more to only play the festival. Happens quite a lot over here. Still shit though.

Travis hasnt been here since 2004. They toured with Gil Sherones and Brooks Wackerman previously. Im mostly annoyed that hes fine flying to the UK for acoustic shows but not Australia. Flight time difference is 3 hours. 

Sad for us as the second country that essentially broke them.

1 hour ago, dildo69er said:

Travis hasnt been here since 2004. They toured with Gil Sherones and Brooks Wackerman previously. Im mostly annoyed that hes fine flying to the UK for acoustic shows but not Australia. Flight time difference is 3 hours. 

Lord have mercy. Who do you get your news from? 

We are talking about Mark. I 100% am behind Travis not wanting to fly and respect that as someone who also fears flying with much less of a reason to. Blink last toured with travis in 2004 in Aus. Their last tour was with Brooks and the previous time Mark was out with +44 Gil filled in as Travis had just broken his arm. 

• Like 1