Breaking Bad Movie

Meltdown Tracker

Bob Odenkirk just confirmed that the movie will release in 2020 on Netflix and AMC, and that it has already been shot.

Crazy how they've been able to keep it under the radar.

I don't really get what direction they will take it given the finale where

Walt and Hank are dead, Jesse breaks free presumably to go onto greater things than being a drug dealer/manufacturer.

They can't really do a prequel (it'd be boring and pointless) or sequel (even with flashbacks the storyline would be forced). The only timeline that would be interesting is when the show is set, just other things happening during the same timeline. Wonder if they go with the Tuco, Gus, or Jesse's uncle storyline? 

I don't really like the idea. Maybe they can twist it around to make it great (which is what they are known for). But I personally think there is no continuation of the story that is needed passed what we saw in the series. It would cheapen it.

And as much as I like Better Call Saul; whenever they tried to put in BB characters it didn't really work. Like introducing a more lame, older looking (despite it being a prequel) and off the wall Tuco; they should have left it alone.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Walts not dead ;)

7 hours ago, n i k u . said:

yeah i was gonna say.. we assume walts dead, but i think they left it open ended as to if he really is or not. 

I dunno how good a movie that would make. It would be Walt getting arrested/taken to the hospital, being put in custody, and then presumably his trial and likely receiving a high sentence. Seems more like a Better Call Saul movie than Breaking Bad.

My favorite TV shows are getting or has had movie post-airing this year, what a time to be alive. The Deadwood movie came out in May, Breaking Bad is next and The Sopranos prequel is coming out next year (this is the one I'm really looking forward to.) 

A Breaking Bad movie wasn't really necessary, but I'll still watch it. If it's just as good as Better Call Saul, then it's good to me.

If it is Jesse-centric and about chasing Jesse down, I see this movie being more good/great (8/10) than what we’re used to with the show. If Walt is barely in it then especially so. It’ll be like the last season of BCS - pretty good but not amazing. I hope I’m wrong though, just my gut feeling.

On 8/25/2019 at 5:30 AM, Elisa said:

My favorite TV shows are getting or has had movie post-airing this year, what a time to be alive. The Deadwood movie came out in May, Breaking Bad is next and The Sopranos prequel is coming out next year (this is the one I'm really looking forward to.) 

A Breaking Bad movie wasn't really necessary, but I'll still watch it. If it's just as good as Better Call Saul, then it's good to me.

Cool to hear that you liked Deadwood. One of my favorite shows.

Love that it has an ending now.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Cool to hear that you liked Deadwood. One of my favorite shows.

Love that it has an ending now.

I love Deadwood. Both the show and the movie were beautifully written and acted. They stayed the course and the movie felt just as pure as the episodes were. It was so pleasing to get an ending.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I love Deadwood. Both the show and the movie were beautifully written and acted. They stayed the course and the movie felt just as pure as the episodes were. It was so pleasing to get an ending.

I watched the movie first when I was sick one night and I had no clue what the fuck was going on but loved it ... watched the show after that and wanna revisit the movie again. Hated Calamity Jane in both the show and movie though ... can not stand her character.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:47 PM, Clar-ke has herpes said:

If it is Jesse-centric and about chasing Jesse down, I see this movie being more good/great (8/10) than what we’re used to with the show. If Walt is barely in it then especially so. It’ll be like the last season of BCS - pretty good but not amazing. I hope I’m wrong though, just my gut feeling.

Yea it’s all Jesse. There were reports that came out in the winter when they were wrapping up filming for it. Walt Jr said he wasn’t asked to be in it.

16 hours ago, Speedo said:

I watched the movie first when I was sick one night and I had no clue what the fuck was going on but loved it ... watched the show after that and wanna revisit the movie again. Hated Calamity Jane in both the show and movie though ... can not stand her character.

I don't know much about the historical characters but I would love to read something about the real Deadwood. I assumed that was just how the real Calamity Jane was. I like her scenes with Charlie Utter but yeah, it must have been so exhausting being Calamity Jane. 

• 4 weeks later...