Breaking Bad Movie

Meltdown Tracker

Yeah I think the movie achieved what it set out to do - give Jesse a proper ending. I was a bit underwhelmed with the scope of the storyline; I thought there'd be a chance we'd see more characters like Saul, Skyler, Walt Jr., etc. but it had enough nods to the Breaking Bad world. Beautifully shot just like BB and had some tense scenes. I like that they stuck to the smaller scenes and shorter time period rather than going bigger budget/action and speeding things up; it felt more faithful to the show as a result.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Behave yourselves, it was great. Jesse deserved to have an ending like that and it wrapped up his story perfectly. Not sure what people were expecting tbh. 

I thought it was good. I would give it a 6 out of 10. It was tense at times, but I still feel like I want more haha

I feel like some people were expecting this to be a proper action movie, expecting Jesse to end up in a shoot out in the middle of the city with police while taking down gang members in a revenge feuled rage with an AK47 with cars blowing up and shit, it was always going to be just an extended Breaking Bad episode - seems like those people have forgotten the general theme/mood and feel of the original show

17 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I feel like some people were expecting this to be a proper action movie, expecting Jesse to end up in a shoot out in the middle of the city with police while taking down gang members in a revenge feuled rage with an AK47 with cars blowing up and shit, it was always going to be just an extended Breaking Bad episode - seems like those people have forgotten the general theme/mood and feel of the original show

Can't speak for anyone else, but that is absolutely not what I expected. The way I imagined the Jesse's story playing out after the show ended was more or less like what happened in the movie, so I didn't fee like I learned anything (other than the specifics) from the movie. I rewatched Breaking Bad earlier this year, so I'm still pretty familiar with the tone and quality of the show and, as I said earlier, the movie was on par with a weaker BB episode, which is still pretty good, but not worth making years after the show ended imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but that is absolutely not what I expected. The way I imagined the Jesse's story playing out after the show ended was more or less like what happened in the movie, so I didn't fee like I learned anything (other than the specifics) from the movie. I rewatched Breaking Bad earlier this year, so I'm still pretty familiar with the tone and quality of the show and, as I said earlier, the movie was on par with a weaker BB episode, which is still pretty good, but not worth making years after the show ended imo.

This is pretty much how I feel. Still enjoyed it though.