WMAA/A Milli Official Audio

Ghent

7 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I really do wonder why they decided to release this studio version. It’s really not that different to the live version and that was met with a hugely negative reaction. So why do it to themselves? Why months later release another version just to get shit on again?

Makes no sense to me whatsoever, especially so deep into a tour and in the middle of a new album release schedule. Genuinely wondering what their managers are smoking lately. 

• Like 2

not the worst thing in the world.. id honestly be down to hear a re-recorded "greatest hits" with matt. think that would be interesting to hear. 

if you told me in 2003 when self titled/untitled came out that blink would be collaborating with lil wayne on a remix of WMAA and a full US tour, id tell you to quit smoking crack. 

• Like 2

Apple music doesn't have everything I want to listen to on it though. And I like owning the song files. That way I can still listen to everything even without an internet connection, and I can do other things with them if I want. I use the free version of Spotify when I want to listen to something that I don't want to buy and probably won't want to own. But most of what I listen to is my own collection of music that I've been building up for half my life.

If it’s super obscure I get that I guess, though I’ve yet to run into anything I couldn’t find. But you can instantly download any album and not have to “stream it”. So you don’t need Internet, other than when originally downloading (if you don’t want to burn your cell phone data). 

It’s seriously the best. 

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

If it’s super obscure I get that I guess, though I’ve yet to run into anything I couldn’t find. But you can instantly download any album and not have to “stream it”. So you don’t need Internet, other than when originally downloading (if you don’t want to burn your cell phone data). 

It’s seriously the best. 

I do have a fair amount of obscure stuff that isn't on most streaming services. Lots of b-sides and bonus tracks, demos, live bootlegs, music from my friends' bands, music that I've made, etc... I just prefer to have it all in one big library!

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea if you're an audiophile, streaming is for the birds. my files, my property, on my hard drives (and backed up in triplicate).

Yeah I felt that way for the longest time, but it’s too tedious. First off I hate paying for digital stuff, so I’d buy physical CDs, then rip to iTunes, then plug in phone to sync, etc. Though I still support bands I really love with physical purchases, this adds up quickly. And even if you torrent it for “free”, still too tedious and not worth the risk.

Meanwhile, for $9.99/month I can download any band’s entire discography before I can even get a fart out, have it synced to my Apple Watch in a minute, and listening to it through wireless headphones offline running around the block... and if I hate the album= delete and not feel like I wasted money. 

Every Friday I instantly download any new album that interests me, for less than 1 would cost if buying...so it really is an absolute steal. Obviously it’s not gonna have rare demos, b-side stuff that isn’t in the iTunes Store, but it has pretty much everything else.

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I felt that way for the longest time, but it’s too tedious

i get that. none of the convenience you mentioned is of value to me. i buy most of my releases on CD; for everything else, vinyl comes with a download card. digitally, i support bands via bandcamp, and from them you get any format you want, from FLAC on down.

lastly, much of the music i collect is not released digitally anyway (film scores, etc). 

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I felt that way for the longest time, but it’s too tedious. First off I hate paying for digital stuff, so I’d buy physical CDs, then rip to iTunes, then plug in phone to sync, etc. Though I still support bands I really love with physical purchases, this adds up quickly. And even if you torrent it for “free”, still too tedious and not worth the risk.

Meanwhile, for $9.99/month I can download any band’s entire discography before I can even get a fart out, have it synced to my Apple Watch in a minute, and listening to it through wireless headphones offline running around the block... and if I hate the album= delete and not feel like I wasted money. 

Every Friday I instantly download any new album that interests me, for less than 1 would cost if buying...so it really is an absolute steal. Obviously it’s not gonna have rare demos, b-side stuff that isn’t in the iTunes Store, but it has pretty much everything else.

Yeah I get the appeal, and one day I'll probably make the jump to streaming, but I still listen to enough stuff that isn't available to stream on a regular enough basis that it doesn't feel worth it to me yet.