WMAA/A Milli Official Audio

Ghent

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I love when bands do stuff like that. When Unwritten Law put out a greatest hits album they rerecorded every song on it instead of just releasing a compilation of the old versions. I think that kind of thing is cool.

I fucking love those versions of those songs. Listen to them more then the originals. Im not a huge Unwritten Law fan so that’s probably right. If I remember right @Ari, as a huge UL fan hates them 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I fucking love those versions of those songs. Listen to them more then the originals. Im not a huge Unwritten Law fan so that’s probably right. If I remember right @Ari, as a huge UL fan hates them 

Wow, yeah man - it's weird for me.  That UL greatest hits album really taught me that I'm not a fan of that sort of thing. My favorite song by them is Shallow, and I thought another, even better recorded version of that song would be like a dream come true, but it didn't have the same affect on me as the previous versions. Was a strange feeling.  I know they re-recorded their singles because they had no choice, but even if I'm not typically a fan of re-recorded songs, I really respect the idea of that approach. It seems like a challenge/risk that deserves a bit of recognition . But maybe I feel different now. Gonna listen to the UL greatest hits album now. 

24 minutes ago, thongrider said:

The acoustic one? 

No, they re-recorded 20 or so songs for an album called ‘the hit list’.

22 minutes ago, Ari said:

Wow, yeah man - it's weird for me.  That UL greatest hits album really taught me that I'm not a fan of that sort of thing. My favorite song by them is Shallow, and I thought another, even better recorded version of that song would be like a dream come true, but it didn't have the same affect on me as the previous versions. Was a strange feeling.  I know they re-recorded their singles because they had no choice, but even if I'm not typically a fan of re-recorded songs, I really respect the idea of that approach. It seems like a challenge/risk that deserves a bit of recognition . But maybe I feel different now. Gonna listen to the UL greatest hits album now. 

I guess it just depends on how you first fall in love with the songs. My first introduction to unwritten law was the acoustic album mentioned above so I loved shallow and the rest before I had even heard the originals so when I heard the re-recordings it didn’t bother me at all.

10 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

No, they re-recorded 20 or so songs for an album called ‘the hit list’.

I guess it just depends on how you first fall in love with the songs. My first introduction to unwritten law was the acoustic album mentioned above so I loved shallow and the rest before I had even heard the originals so when I heard the re-recordings it didn’t bother me at all.

I do love me the acoustic album though. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I love when bands do stuff like that. When Unwritten Law put out a greatest hits album they rerecorded every song on it instead of just releasing a compilation of the old versions. I think that kind of thing is cool.

Social Distortion did this for their Greatest Hits as well. I'm not a fan. Like Ari mentioned about UL's...doesn't have the same effect for some reason. 

Just now, thongrider said:

Wait. What? 

Yea, they did for at least some of their biggest songs. I read it was for legal purposes and to be able to own the songs. I could barely tell though, they recorded it so well and close to the original that most people probably will never notice. 

Just now, The Bean Twiddler said:

Yea, they did for at least some of their biggest songs. I read it was for legal purposes and to be able to own the songs. I could barely tell though, they recorded it so well and close to the original that most people probably will never notice. 

They all sound identical to the original to me. 

6 minutes ago, thongrider said:

They all sound identical to the original to me. 

Yea, I'm pretty sure that was intentional and I could barely tell myself. Something sounded a little different on Story of My Life to me so I checked it out. Apparently Story of My Life, Ball and Chain, Ring of Fire, Bad Luck, When The Angels Sing, and I Was Wrong were all re-recorded. Glad to see another Social D fan on this board! 

13 minutes ago, The Bean Twiddler said:

Yea, I'm pretty sure that was intentional and I could barely tell myself. Something sounded a little different on Story of My Life to me so I checked it out. Apparently Story of My Life, Ball and Chain, Ring of Fire, Bad Luck, When The Angels Sing, and I Was Wrong were all re-recorded. Glad to see another Social D fan on this board! 

Story of my life was the last song I'd imagined, at least of those songs. So weird. 

13 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Story of my life was the last song I'd imagined, at least of those songs. So weird. 

Yea I thought it was weird too, guess it makes sense if it means you can own the songs for the Greatest Hits record and not have to pay an old record label.