2019 AVA Tour Thread

Ry-Bread

Figured we need a separate thread instead of page 600 of the Tom thread...we can move this if needed but seems to be more active on the main page.

2019 AVA tour kicked off last night, first time playing live since 2012!

Dates:
08/28 – Solana Beach, CA @ Belly Up Tavern
08/31 – Tempe, AZ @ Del Mar Summer Concert Series
09/04 – Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
09/06 – Austin, TX @ Emo’s
09/07 – Dallas, TX @ House of Blues
09/09 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
09/10 – Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
09/11 – Charlotte, NC @ The Fillmore
09/13 – Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore
09/14 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Fillmore
09/15 – Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
09/17 – New York, NY @ PlayStation Theater
09/18 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
09/20 – Detroit, MI @ Fillmore*
09/21 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
09/22 – St. Louis, MO @ 2 The Pageant
09/24 – Denver, CO @ Fillmore*
09/25 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Union
09/27 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
09/28 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
09/30 – San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theater*
10/01 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Belasco Theater
10/02 – Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
10/04 – Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
10/05 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
10/08 –Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues +
10/09 – Los Angeles, CA @ Belasco Theater +
12/12 – Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
12/21 – Oklahoma City, OK @ The Criterion
12/22 – Houston, TX @ House of Blues

* = updated venue
+ = additional date

Set list:

c7E7wpX.jpg

Videos so far:

Diary+ Overload:

Rebel Girl (live debut):

The Adventure:

Heaven:

Kiss & Tell (Debut):

Acoustic Break (I Miss You, There Is, Aliens Exist):

The Wolfpack + Ilan Solo:

Will update this more shortly...

• Like 6

The chills are real. Awesome setlist, awesome sound and on top of that Kiss & Tell sounds awesome and actually musically interesting.

Actually this is how I imagined blink with Skiba in 2015 to turn out to be - playing small venues and playing a setlist that do justice with hardcore fans, not the McDonalds shit they are at the moment.

• Like 2

Tom sounds terrible. Honestly, I expected even worse, but if this Tom sounds "good" (let alone "great"), that's more evidence of jaded Tombots taking over the place (again).

And let's not forget that this tour is just a cynical cashgrab way more than blink is. I can understand the frustration, but let's not lose our sense of objectivity here.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Tom sounds terrible. Honestly, I expected even worse, but if this Tom sounds "good" (let alone "great"), that's more evidence of jaded Tombots taking over the place (again).

And let's not forget that this tour is just a cynical cashgrab way more than blink is. I can understand the frustration, but let's not lose our sense of objectivity here.

Yep...this x100.  Funny thing is, on the medley I think his voice sounds pretty damn good, he tries to warble a few times on There Is, but overall is way better than any live blink performances he did, but man those AVA songs he sounds just like his normal shitty voice.  It's like he knows he has to try harder when it's just him and a guitar compared to the full band.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MSandt said:

I think it's just more like he got fucking terrible at singing like 13 years ago and this is probably close to his ceiling in comparison to any time since then, so people are giving him props for being good by those standards haha. We all already know he's a horrible live singer compared to actual good singers, that has been the case for a long long time. That, combined with the fact that Mark and Matt have gotten quite a bit worse at singing live lately, makes people think Tom sounds pretty decent.

I know Tombot gets thrown around a ton but I feel like those are people who think Tom is perfect and has never done any wrong and AVA is their religion. It's not fair to say someone is a Tombot just because they don't hate him.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kay said:

I don't think theres a single true Tom bot on these boards. Even the people here who like AVA rip into him plenty. Night and day compared to actual Tombots. 

This is pretty accurate. The AVA movement fb group is the best example...there's so many people on there who praise everything he does. I'm probably one of the closest here to being a tombot just because I love all of AVA more than Blink, but even so I still think most of what TTS does it useless and I don't care about his alien stuff in the slightest. He's wasting his time when he should be making music full time haha

5 hours ago, Kay said:

I don't think theres a single true Tom bot on these boards. Even the people here who like AVA rip into him plenty. Night and day compared to actual Tombots. 

There are like 50 tombots here, at least. some are miserable cunt/tombot hybrids.

none of the SUPER creepy variety though I guess..functioning tombots you could say?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Ghent is definitely the guy who will be front in center at an AvA concert with a hat pulled down hiding himself but screaming "I love you Tom!" in secrecy.

I'd gladly go to an AVA show if he is trying, which he looks to be based on the vids.