2019 AVA Tour Thread

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright picture heavy, Marik I'll answer your stuff in a separate post later: Here are some cool shots of AVA I got: Here are the VIP gifts: Here's my merc

Tom added Reckless/Wishing Well to his acoustic medley last night, so cool:    

This tour was almost a decade in the making for me. For a quick back story; i was an early AVA fan that awaited Whisper dropping. (In fact, my co-worker at the time travelled from Canada to see the ve

It's infuriating really. Like if he just went "Oh, I wrote some songs, here you go" people would've gone "hey thats nice" or "eh, it's not for me" but to go "I WROTE THESE AMAZING SONGS THAT WILL REAFFIRM YOUR FAITH IN GOD AND IS THE BEST ROCK ALBUM OF 20 YEARS" it's uh... never going to live up to that.

It's the same with all this books and films and comic stuff... like I get the excitable nature of creating a universe that crosses different mediums but A. don't promise something before you've done any of the work. B. Don't pretend your the first person to do it and C. Don't be surprised when people don't automatically want or care about all of it. 

He's constantly setting himself up for a fall, and it's a shame, because I like a lot of his later stuff, I just wouldn't wear any AVA stuff in public or ever recommend any of it to literally anyone purely because of the connotations associated with his crazy space ways. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Nshesaid said:

So Mark loves to release music, tour, record, etc, but can't write worth a damn.

Tom hates to release music, tour, record, etc, but can write a song in his sleep.

I think we know what the ultimate conclusion here needs to be.

You signing up on Avamovement.com?

• Haha 2

From someone who got to the AVA show super early to line-up:

"The bummer is Tom walked by me and one other guy super early, around 11, but his assistant wouldn’t let us say hi when we went up to him. Said he’d come back out, but didn’t."

Assistant wouldn't let them say hi when he is right next to them LOL... that's some JLO level shit. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

From someone who got to the AVA show super early to line-up:

"The bummer is Tom walked by me and one other guy super early, around 11, but his assistant wouldn’t let us say hi when we went up to him. Said he’d come back out, but didn’t."

Assistant wouldn't let them say hi when he is right next to them LOL... that's some JLO level shit. 

still acting like he's selling out amphitheaters.   How sad.

41 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

still acting like he's selling out amphitheaters.   How sad.

More from the guy:

"Just two of us. I walked up to him since he was like 5 feet away to shake his hand and said “hey Tom” and his assistant guy got between us and said he’d come back around to see us.
  No one around. No crowds. And he didn’t come back. Bummed he didn’t tell his guy not to worry and meet us"

I just could not imagine seeing 2 kids lined up for my show 10 hours before the gates open, walk right by them, hear them say "Hi" and then just let my assistant block them off... that sucks.

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, Kay said:

It's infuriating really. Like if he just went "Oh, I wrote some songs, here you go" people would've gone "hey thats nice" or "eh, it's not for me" but to go "I WROTE THESE AMAZING SONGS THAT WILL REAFFIRM YOUR FAITH IN GOD AND IS THE BEST ROCK ALBUM OF 20 YEARS" it's uh... never going to live up to that.

It's the same with all this books and films and comic stuff... like I get the excitable nature of creating a universe that crosses different mediums but A. don't promise something before you've done any of the work. B. Don't pretend your the first person to do it and C. Don't be surprised when people don't automatically want or care about all of it. 

He's constantly setting himself up for a fall, and it's a shame, because I like a lot of his later stuff, I just wouldn't wear any AVA stuff in public or ever recommend any of it to literally anyone purely because of the connotations associated with his crazy space ways. 

Sounding like painkiller Tom again.

5 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

So Mark loves to release music, tour, record, etc, but can't write worth a damn.

Tom hates to release music, tour, record, etc, but can write a song in his sleep.

I think we know what the ultimate conclusion here needs to be.

Say what you will about California, but you really think the songs Mark wrote for When Your Heart Stops Beating aren't any good?  Also, Kaleidoscope remains, hands down, the best post breakup song blink has released, and that was definitely written by Mark. Frankly, I'd probably put it in the top 10 blink songs of all time.

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Sounding like painkiller Tom again.

Say what you will about California, but you really think the songs Mark wrote for When Your Heart Stops Beating aren't any good?  Also, Kaleidoscope remains, hands down, the best post breakup song blink has released, and that was definitely written by Mark. Frankly, I'd probably put it in the top 10 blink songs of all time.

I'm definitely talking about current state. 

• Like 1