Ry-Bread

2019 AVA Tour Thread

10 minutes ago, NotNow said:

He lives on the east coast living a normal life with a normal job with a family. He can’t just get up and take a three month sabbatical to tour the country and record for a few weeks across the country. He’d lose his job.

i think he means matt rubano

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neal said:

whats with people shitting on their light production on this tour? It's so simple but looks fucking amazing 

light? this is way, way, way too much

lights.jpg

16 hours ago, NotNow said:

He lives on the east coast living a normal life with a normal job with a family. He can’t just get up and take a three month sabbatical to tour the country and record for a few weeks across the country. He’d lose his job.

Bet he's really kicking himself for not sticking it out at least one more album with Thirty Seconds to Mars lol

It's not really that hard, but tom sounds better than he has since 2004. Maybe Ilan gave him the talk.. He even nails the ending on heaven. that shit's tough!

On 9/14/2019 at 12:36 PM, Neal said:

It's not really that hard, but tom sounds better than he has since 2004. Maybe Ilan gave him the talk.. He even nails the ending on heaven. that shit's tough!

It's so cool/crazy to see these videos honestly haha. Up until now AVA was a complete joke in my mind, ESPECIALLY the live footage I had seen over the years. Somehow after however many years off and during a tour that was arguably a cash grab, they now click into place and seem like a tight/well rehearsed real band and sound great? And Tom seems comfortable and happy and sounds relatively good singing?? It's wild to me.

• Like 2

I know Tom has his flaws and at the risk of sounding like a Tombot it's just quite nice seeing him looking like he is enjoying himself and performing better than he has for about 15 years or so. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

just got back from a show. lots of fucking weird adult men who were obsessed with tom. it's all they could talk about before the show. super cringe. i said it before but i do not blame tom for dodging his fans most of the time.

tom definitely gave it his all but his voice is totally busted. i do give him credit for trying and also laughing when he hit bad notes. it's not going to get any better unless he has surgery. i personally thought the crowd was most responsive to the two new songs, which was cool. overall, i think it was worth the $40 and i enjoyed it more than the last time i saw blink, which was the cali tour.

• Like 3

based on the posts and comments I see in the AVA movement FB group I'm expecting to see a lot of weirdos at my show. I can't wait to see Tom but the audience will be interesting. I remember the crowd being weird when I saw them 12 years ago too.

i went to a music festival yeaaaars ago and there was an older man, maybe mid-40s, with a huge AVA tattoo. said he liked blink too, but AVA was world changing for him. i found it a little weird lol

• Haha 1