Ry-Bread

2019 AVA Tour Thread

7 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Having posed for no less than 300 photos yesterday with a bunch of weirdos, I totally now appreciate why Tom charges money for it, get tired of it, and doesn't give a damn when 1 or 2 or those people Ry Bread out and get butthurt.

"Thats nice. Next in line" was my response.

No doubt, it sucks. But it would suck a tad less if you were getting ~$100 per 30 seconds.

If its the worst thing in the world, just don’t do it. But if you’re gonna charge for it, give the fans their money’s worth. Also someone got a guitar signed nicely last night, which pissed me off lol.

15 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

No doubt, it sucks. But it would suck a tad less if you were getting ~$100 per 30 seconds.

If its the worst thing in the world, just don’t do it. But if you’re gonna charge for it, give the fans their money’s worth. Also someone got a guitar signed nicely last night, which pissed me off lol.

Oliver can't really get over the fact that you wanted your vinyl signed by Tom and every day is a good occasion to remind you that you shouldn't have asked for it ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Okay, the crowd in Portland was actually pretty normal compared to the first two times I saw AVA. There weren't any weirdos doing interpretive dance moves to the music this time around lol. At least not that I noticed. Nobody really moved at all actually. People were singing along but there was no movement which was very different than the last time I saw them. Kinda bums me out because it's more painful to stand still in the same spot for hours than to move around a bit haha.

For some reason the sound kinda sucked. It was hard to pick out the individual sounds and instruments. it was even kinda hard to hear Tom so he could have sounded terrible and I couldn't even tell. I've seen a bunch of shows at this venue, including AVA another time, and the sound hasn't been so shitty before. It kinda ruined the show. The levels were just poorly mixed. Maybe it was just where I was standing, because that does make a difference sometimes. The only time things sounded clear were the acoustic parts.

Tom was hilarious though. His stories are so stupid but they make me laugh every time. Especially because he can't even tell his jokes without making himself laugh.

I had fun for sure, but for whatever reason the sound was just not great this time around, which is a big deal when the whole reason you're there is for the music. I'd love to see AVA again in more ideal conditions. Others have said it, but I was surprised at how much the crowd responded to Rebel Girl. It was probably the song the crowd was the most into other than The Adventure and the blink songs. Also Tom only played I Miss You and Aliens Exist tonight in the medley. No There Is, none of the other blink songs. Just the two songs, and he talked for like ten minutes in between them. I was looking forward to There Is but that's okay, I've seen it before.

Anyway, it was a good time. Not the best, but I enjoyed it and I'd totally see them again given the chance.

I found Tom's guitar was quiet at mine. Like you couldn't even hear him playing the riff in the adventure. All you could hear was the synth 

1 hour ago, Knapppers said:

I found Tom's guitar was quiet at mine. Like you couldn't even hear him playing the riff in the adventure. All you could hear was the synth 

Yeah same at my show. But it was both guitars, and the synths. Basically the only things you could clearly hear were the drums and bass

10 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Drool... Where is this guitar story you speak of?

14 hours ago, theedge00 said:

off topic - why is this thread in the Blink sub forum lol

I imagine because people check the side projects section a lot less. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Marik said:

Drool... Where is this guitar story you speak of?

No story really, guy just brought his guitar to the M&G and Tom signed it. Thing is, from knowing Tom's signing habits if he was miserable or didn't want to do it, he wouldn't have done his "TOM" doodle and pimped it out this nicely:

DisRNve.png

I honestly think it comes down to whether or not everyone can see everyone else's M&G. Seems like he doesn't mind signing if no else can see, but if everyone can see them all, he doesn't want to sign 1 because then he'll have to sign 30.

I ended up contacting the meet & greet company to ask for their official answer before my shows this week.... and my takeaway is that you're right about that Ry

29 minutes ago, Marik said:

I ended up contacting the meet & greet company to ask for their official answer before my shows this week.... and my takeaway is that you're right about that Ry

You'll probably get a generic "It's up to the band" reply, which is likely accurate. 

AVA just announced another show near me. If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again. =P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kay said:

I imagine because people check the side projects section a lot less. 

I never go outside this section. I just never even think to or really remember that the other pages exist. I kinda wish it was just all one big All Of The Above section haha. It's not like there are thousands of people posting here.

Went to the show last night in LA and had a great time!

Tom is sick so they cut the set list down a couple of songs but he looked like he was loving it up there. His stories were hilarious and he was interacting with the crowd a lot which was awesome. 

Ilan is a beast on the drums and Matt Rubano looked like he was having the time of his life haha. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

Ilan is a beast on the drums and Matt Rubano looked like he was having the time of his life haha. 

They're probably stoned as fuck to put up with Tom's gay little stories and awful singing.

• Crab 2

First ever AVA show last night..... with more ahead. Tons of awesome front row pics from last night. If someone can remind me of that site to upload pics, i'll post some when i can

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marik said:

First ever AVA show last night..... with more ahead. Tons of awesome front row pics from last night. If someone can remind me of that site to upload pics, i'll post some when i can

Postimg

1 hour ago, Marik said:

Imgur works well too, how did ur M&G go?

On 9/30/2019 at 12:54 PM, Ry-Bread said:

You'll probably get a generic "It's up to the band" reply, which is likely accurate. 

AVA just announced another show near me. If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again. =P

I’ll be jacked up for you if you get that bad boy signed 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MSandt said:

They're probably stoned as fuck to put up with Tom's gay little stories and awful singing.

Lol damn Tom hurt you that bad huh?

On 9/28/2019 at 11:22 AM, Knapppers said:

Has AVA ever played big venues? When I saw them around the Love 1 album time, they played a theatre where I live. This was a club which was smaller but they also haven't played in like 7 years. This show was a venue the same size as ones I've been to to see NOFX, Face to Face, Gob. Don't see anything wrong with them playing club shows. 

Let's not forget Blink have been consistently playing smaller places since the reunion. 

Saw them at the now Rogers Arena when they toured with Weezer - definitely seemed like an opening band and a ton of people didn't know who they were. Weezer had the place packed too. They sounded pretty good but I remember before the song Sirens, Tom talked about sitting in a tree outside of a girls window who had one leg, and then fantasizing about making love with the stoop of the leg. My friend, after the AVA set just turned to me and said "What the FUCK was that guy talking about???" Great show. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Imgur works well too, how did ur M&G go?

Apologies.... my hotel wifi has crapped out, so i'll be a bit behind on this till i get it sorted.

M&G was yesterday in anaheim. It went great. I decided to give up on the autograph request and just enjoy the moment talking to Tom. He was great, i had my serious moment with him, but also got him to laugh too. Happy with the picture, despite some bad venue lighting, and got to make a quick comment to rest of guys too. Didnt feel rushed, and holy shit is Tom tall.

Now on to San Diego...

(by the way, dunno if its been menteined here, but they are scheduled for a secret KROQ show today in Hollywood....Tom is still nursing his sick voice so i cant imagine it would be more than their usual 3 song acoustic thing they been doing. Wont be attending thou, cuz you had to win tickets thru radio)

• Like 1