Ry-Bread

2019 AVA Tour Thread

With the way the last 5 years have shaken out, I find I'm not really able to consider it the same band/entity in the first place. Even though I did enjoy Nine a lot more than California! But my mind just doesn't file the last 3 releases into the same space at all, regardless of logic or the band name they use. So yeah I'd definitely be interested in having Tom come "back" because that's the only way I could actually consider Blink to be a real band again instead of this separate project featuring Mark and Travis. And whatever they did together at that point would go into my brain's Blink section as their first release since Dogs Eating Dogs. I wouldn't have very high hopes of it being very good haha, but it would be incredibly fascinating to see what they came up with. 

Anyway, I'm not even trying to be cool or holier than thou about all the Blink vs. Not Real Blink stuff, I just literally can't even think of the past 5 years as part of the same legacy. Mark + Tom x Travis = Blink, it's just math. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible for them to ever have a real relationship again, let alone a relationship close enough to produce great music together.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I think the real blink magic is dead. I'd be interested but not excited like I was in college during the first reunion. They can't fool me again. Even with Tom back. Even if they did a rehearsed hug on stage yet again. I'd be far more excited for BCR or +44.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 4:04 PM, Ry-Bread said:

I feel for people when their shows get cancelled, it has happened to me several times and is just the worst.

Tell me about it. I flew from western canada to toronto for this week. And still have non-refundable flight +hotels for a few days yet in montreal. Ugh

• Sad 1

I showed by 30+ year old buddy who vaguely remembered blink a video of Darkside and he laughed his ass off. Couldn't believe what he was seeing. Showed him Kiss and Tell and told him he was the old blink dude and his response was "well clearly he made the right decision to leave". Funny hearing that from a fan with no invested interest in either of the bands - as Darkside is arguably one of new blink's best releases. 

• Crab 2

11 hours ago, Marik said:

Tell me about it. I flew from western canada to toronto for this week. And still have non-refundable flight +hotels for a few days yet in montreal. Ugh

Dang dude, sorry to hear that... I've mentioned it before, but PSA to anyone in the future, if you are making flight/hotel plans to see blink or their side acts, pay the extra for the insurance every time!!! 

Tom's most recent interview with Philly Jessie back on 18th i believe, discusses the re-scheduling. 

End of May might have seemed like an odd time to re-schedule, but he menteined doing it then with some festivals they have coming up. Some easy sleuthing could probly figure out which festivals are within those 2wks or so. I wonder if more dates will be tacked on either side of the current dates. He did mentein 'doing some things in Canada'. But that could just be referencing the 2 dates they currently have listed.

I wonder if the setlist will be tinkered with anymore. I was just excited to here additions of Valkerie, Clever Love, Dry Your Eyes. But i suppose there's more time for another new song- like Time Bomb- to enter the picture. (Hell, id just be happy if Kiss & Tell gets played)

I noticed New Reigme have a bunch of festivals shows this yr. So if you're wondering whether AVA will add any shows, u can tell they won't during these dates (unless they get added to the same festival themselves)