"NINE" reviews thread

Champ182

California really is a poor album for blinks standards. So many of the songs have good parts but terrible parts. Only songs I like as a whole are BTD, Los Angeles, HISALP, San Diego, The Only Thing That Matters, Last Train Home, Bottom of the Ocean & Long Lost Feeling.

They really improved on Nine. Darkside has that pop punk vibe that Misery has but Darkside is so much better. Black Rain has that 6/8 vibe but Black Rain is so much better. Songs like No Heart to Speak Of aren't ruined by shite gang vocals like Left Alone is. Nine is just a better album overall. I never got a physical copy of California but definitely getting one of Nine. i rate it more than Neighborhoods.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Why does hearing blink for the first during the untitled era mean they have no credibility?

that's me just trolling my normal anti-untitled agitprop. ?

there's one great line in the BV review:

"blink-182 were even called overproduced 20 years ago, but the production of Nine and California makes Enema of the State sound like Milo Goes to College. This new, totally synthetic production style that blink-182 have been embracing lately just doesn’t do them any favors at all."

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

14 hours ago, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

" Presumably, NINE also has an audience with people whose favourite musical groups are Twenty One Pilots, Imagine Dragons and recent Linkin Park, but that is some bleak company to keep. "

Music snobs are the fucking worst

Latest Twenty One Pilots is miles ahead of new blink, it's funny how the reviewers can't even keep track of the bands they namedrop. Trench is a real masterpiece, however earlier records are questionable, but i totally get the comparison with ID and LP, it's similar and blink never was something like that.

And then the reviewer says that FOB and Panic have the decency to write some bangers - it's a joke? it's just as plastic as nine, this is an example of a review where the reviewer lets his personal taste affect his perception.

• Crab 1

41 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Pretty cool review, although I would switch up the albums in this statement:

"If 2016’s California is pop-punk greatness all grown up, NINE is a reflection on the days that made them famous."

3 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

This might make me a 29 year old curmudgeon but I can not bring myself to watch any Youtuber videos. If it's a person speaking into the camera on their Youtube channel I'm out haha. Especially for 14 minutes, my god.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It weirds me out the way people watch YouTube these days.

• Like 3