"NINE" reviews thread

Champ182

I always thought the curries here were great until I went to India and it was a whole different level (as you'd expect)

I still think you can get a really good curry in the UK though, although living in London where there is so much choice makes that easier for me to do that than someone like Kay who lives somewhere smaller. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

It was only a couple of months ago I had a vindaloo for the first time. Blew my tits off. 

Vindaloos are the absolute best. Love em. Get a beef one every time I get Indian. There’s this fantastic spot right near my house, best I’ve ever had.

11 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I always thought the curries here were great until I went to India and it was a whole different level (as you'd expect)

I still think you can get a really good curry in the UK though, although living in London where there is so much choice makes that easier for me to do that than someone like Kay who lives somewhere smaller. 

Yeah this is true, the only food in Wales you struggle to get bad versions of is chip shop chips but you still should only stick to the coast. 

22 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Aren’t all the curry sauces we used British made? I was talking to two Indian lads who owned a proper Indian restaurant in Cardiff and they told me this is proper Indian food, normally if you go to an Indian restaurant in the country theyre not even run or cooked by Indians, most of them are run by Bangladeshi’s etc they were really defending Indian food to me as if the shit we normally have is a disgrace to them 😂

45 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Aren’t all the curry sauces we used British made? I was talking to two Indian lads who owned a proper Indian restaurant in Cardiff and they told me this is proper Indian food, normally if you go to an Indian restaurant in the country theyre not even run or cooked by Indians, most of them are run by Bangladeshi’s etc they were really defending Indian food to me as if the shit we normally have is a disgrace to them 😂

Yeah that's basically bang on, some people in our India office came to visit us for a couple of weeks and said they had a really hard time finding an authentic Indian place to eat as they were basically all Banglaeshi's passing themselves off as Indians as people are far more likely to want to go to a place marked as an authentic Indian curry than a Bangladeshi one.

Luckily I now know a couple of places where I can get banging authentic Indian food because of them.

Don't get me wrong, I still like those curries that I had for years and I am also partial to a trip to Brick Lane (where there are about 30 of them next door too each other) where it's BYOB and you can eat for about £12 but the real Indian food is next level.