I Really Wish I Hated You

Ghent

Sounds kinda weird, but I'll probably like it. I think over the last year or so I've just stopped hating things as much as I used to. I didn't like California that much and I really didn't like California Deluxe, but I listened to them recently and I enjoyed it. I thought The Force Awakens was a remake of A New Hope and I hated Luke in The Last Jedi and now I love both movies and think Luke is my favorite part of TLJ. Maybe I just enjoy things now. This preview honestly sounds like a Cali Deluxe track, and it doesn't bother me. So I think I have a different frame of mind now. It's definitely a more fun way to live.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes and 55 seconds is a lot of time for this song to do something else, I think I'll wait for the whole thing to come out. That preview makes me think Simple Creatures and I'm just not a fan of that venture. We will see how I feel when the whole song comes out.

• Like 3

This comes out Friday right? Sounds suuuuper pop obviously but it could potentially be cool still. Interesting that based on what we've heard of the album so far it seems like "writing songs based off of Travis beats" seems to mean using his hip hop production style electronic/sample-heavy beats as foundations, rather than a live rock/punk style drum part. Once again I'm thinking more and more that these guys just don't listen to that type of music anymore and aren't really interested in it. Instead they're into pop/R&B/hip hop stuff on the radio and these songs are gonna be their version of that blending that sound with Blink-ish stuff.

34 minutes ago, Matt Skiba Fan 666 said:

Sounds like it’s gonna be good. This little teaser is stuck in my head already. Bored of all these vocal effects in every song though. Hopefully it’s not throughout the whole song.

Of course it is you simple cunt. Not much else floating around in that hollow head of yours. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3