I Really Wish I Hated You

Ghent

I don’t understand the sudden need to have so much production for every song. Why are the voices autotuned or distorted (or both) in basically everything they do now?

I can see wanting to change things up and add some synth sounds or techno crap or whatever. But I don’t get a band like blink wanting every song to sound like it was run through a computer. 

Crank up the guitar and bass and let Travis bash away on the drums and generate a rock song for fuck’s sake. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, OldManFan(of blink) said:

I don’t understand the sudden need to have so much production for every song. Why are the voices autotuned or distorted (or both) in basically everything they do now?

I can see wanting to change things up and add some synth sounds or techno crap or whatever. But I don’t get a band like blink wanting every song to sound like it was run through a computer. 

Crank up the guitar and bass and let Travis bash away on the drums and generate a rock song for fuck’s sake. 

They just don't like that kind of music anymore, I think it's that simple. They are fans of this type of pop music.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldManFan(of blink) said:

I don’t understand the sudden need to have so much production for every song. Why are the voices autotuned or distorted (or both). 

I can see your angle, but honestly Mark has been flirting with the electronic/pop stuff for awhile.  I think he wanted +44 to be more electronic but then it turned into more of a normal, blink-ish sounding band.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OldManFan(of blink) said:

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I can see your angle, but honestly Mark has been flirting with the electronic/pop stuff for awhile.  I think he wanted +44 to be more electronic but then it turned into more of a normal, blink-ish sounding band.  

Well why did mark and Travis flame Tom so much in interviews saying they wanted to do rock/guitar music and not synth music? Why do they constantly sing about punk rock and wear “thank god for punk rock” shirts but yet they’re only interested in making this pop bullshit?? That’s my problem. They flamed Tom for the music he wanted to make and now I can honestly say what he has done with AvA is much better than what blink is doing right now. And I despise AvA lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I think you are the creepiest member of the board, NQAT.  Do you still write checks to Tom for Modlife just out of kindness and charity?

Yea totally. Last time I paid for something blink related in any capacity must have been like 2015. Except for these Ava tickets for this tour.

i think I was subscribed to modlife for one quarter period in high school and it was awful. Modlife was awful as has been everything toms done that’s not music related.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Blink has reduced me to this

This actually is a much better rendition of the song.

This was really the first time Mark tinkered heavily with electronic sound, still so much better than Simple Creatures and whatever they're doing in blink. Can't they just be more like this than all the way?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Matt Skiba Fan 666 said:

Jeez such a terrible musician you can’t even tell when there’s guitar in a song. Embarrassing.

I’m going to actually defend Oliver here and say I’m not sure about the guitar parts in this song. I think there are some clean parts muffled up throughout the verses, you just can’t hear them as well because of the production style they were going for there. There are some ambient parts and I really like the guitar bend/slide that I think is in the chorus. I know an acoustic guitar shows up throughout the song. The only thing I’m not sure about is when the band kicks in, my first thought is that the guitars are there but the production just sounds off and I can’t tell if it’s more synth-heavy instead. I’ll find out tomorrow when we officially get a higher quality version. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

I’m going to actually defend Oliver here and say I’m not sure about the guitar parts in this song. I think there are some clean parts muffled up throughout the verses, you just can’t hear them as well because of the production style they were going for there. There are some ambient parts and I really like the guitar bend/slide that I think is in the chorus. I know an acoustic guitar shows up throughout the song. The only thing I’m not sure about is when the band kicks in, my first thought is that the guitars are there but the production just sounds off and I can’t tell if it’s more synth-heavy instead. I’ll find out tomorrow when we officially get a higher quality version. 

It’s out on Spotify in Australia. I’ve heard the official version. You can clearly hear the guitar. I also didn’t have much of a problem hearing them in the leak version too but maybe that’s just me. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

It's no surprise that the TRUE PUNX here who listen to REAL PUNK ROCK music like "Kiss and Tell" and "Rebel Girl" by "Angels and Airwaves" hate this song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

It's the same as Disney channel intro guitars or Backstreet Boys. No difference.

• Like 1

I'm going CC style and copy/paste a comment I saw on reddit:

"I do wonder where they go after this album. This year hasn't been a good year for Blink in terms of fan relationship. The Lil Wayne tour / remix, the writers and general pop sound, the Darkside video, and let's not forget the lack of ticket sales.

But hey, if the band is doing what they want and they are okay with the backlash, then I'm okay with it."

You have to admit that everything they did over the past few months wasn't very well received. When California came out things weren't this dreary. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, OldManFan(of blink) said:

feldman

im disapointed in feldman,

hes made some great music himself

and has done terrific production for the used(their first album, in love and death)

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I'm going CC style and copy/paste a comment I saw on reddit:

"I do wonder where they go after this album. This year hasn't been a good year for Blink in terms of fan relationship. The Lil Wayne tour / remix, the writers and general pop sound, the Darkside video, and let's not forget the lack of ticket sales.

But hey, if the band is doing what they want and they are okay with the backlash, then I'm okay with it."

You have to admit that everything they did over the past few months wasn't very well received. When California came out things weren't this dreary. 

Isn't this what some of us have been saying about Tom for years now, only to be shit on for saying that and have people calling him a lunatic. 

The problem with Blink doing it though is that it doesn't come across as genuine in the least. It seems like them desperately trying to cling to the mainstream and it's just making them look bad. 

• Like 3