I Really Wish I Hated You

Ghent

4 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

I can't wait for the music video of this to just be a bunch of little kids skateboarding, teens taking shots of UV cake, and basically nothing to do with the song.

Just because you love UV Cake doesn't mean everybody else does! 

39 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yeah, I was half joking.

80% of Blink songs when Tom was in the band have memorable guitar riffs. Start at Enema, Dumpweed, boom, Don't leave me, again, Aliens Exist, that one too. Going Away to College, WMAA, it keeps right on going......

Name one song with Matt that has a memorable guitar riff?

LOL

ghenty wont be able to nswer this one

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yeah, I was half joking.

80% of Blink songs when Tom was in the band have memorable guitar riffs. Start at Enema, Dumpweed, boom, Don't leave me, again, Aliens Exist, that one too. Going Away to College, WMAA, it keeps right on going......

LOL

To play devil's advocate Don't Leave Me isn't really a riff as much as it is a progression of power chords lol. But I agree with you here Oliver. 

Matt may not have memorable riff's but he has memorable "ohs and woahs" that rank right up there with Tom's "na na nas" on All the Small Things 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Bean Twiddler said:

To play devil's advocate Don't Leave Me isn't really a riff as much as it is a progression of power chords lol. But I agree with you here Oliver. 

Matt may not have memorable riff's but he has memorable "ohs and woahs" that rank right up there with Tom's "na na nas" on All the Small Things 

even if a riff is made out of choards its still a riff, u could play the dammit riff with choards added 2 each note and it would still b a riff

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

even if a riff is made out of choards its still a riff, u could play the dammit riff with choards added 2 each note and it would still b a riff

Well if that's the case then people can't say there aren't riffs on California. 

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I'm going CC style and copy/paste a comment I saw on reddit:

"I do wonder where they go after this album. This year hasn't been a good year for Blink in terms of fan relationship. The Lil Wayne tour / remix, the writers and general pop sound, the Darkside video, and let's not forget the lack of ticket sales.

But hey, if the band is doing what they want and they are okay with the backlash, then I'm okay with it."

You have to admit that everything they did over the past few months wasn't very well received. When California came out things weren't this dreary. 

This is kind of the thing I’m excited about. Judging by the backlash this era is already getting, I wonder what the reception will be when Nine is fully released. I also wonder if they’ll keep going in the pop direction or take the criticism to heart (or just realize themselves that the California/Nine approach never worked) and go back to their writing roots and either get a more traditional producer or self-produce and write everything themselves. I think we all thought Nine was going to be the “make it or break it” album but it might be whatever follows after this album cycle. They already started throwing out old Feldy demos while recording Nine and kept delaying the release as they were indecisive with what they wanted. If their finished result gets even more backlash, I wonder how they’ll approach the next album. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yeah, I was half joking.

LOL

Regardless it was a stupid response to your apparent joke.

I guess this is just me but I’m more concerned if the song as a whole is well-written than whether or not it has a kick ass riff. Sure that’s always nice but it’s not entirely a deal breaker, but I assume it’s a bit more important for hardcore blink fans. 

I know Matt has some memorable riffs. My favorite is Queen of Pain but if you’re only talking about blink and not ALK3 then I suppose you’re right lol. The only riffs I remember from the Cali are the ones either Mark wrote (did he write BTD?) or someone else did (if Matt wrote LTH then I am impressed).

3 minutes ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

there is riffs, they just for the most part suck aswell as they sound alot alike each other

i think matt re-do the adam song sort of riff 4-5 times if not more in 4-5 diferant songs

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just saying a common theme on this board is people complaining about the lack of riffs on California.