I Really Wish I Hated You

Ghent

I still hold there’s a great song in here somewhere. the won’t you say something part and the lyrics are all quite good. If they just recorded it completely differently I think it could be a good song. I could see it being a +44 song or Stockholm syndrome style song in a different universe just rebuilt from the ground up not with those two producers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i mean it's fucking brilliant....

"I Really Wish I Hated You" is blink's message to the masses... mark and matt and travis and feldy and friends are telling us that's how we as fans are supposed to feel.

My thoughts exactly. The entire song feels like a troll extravaganza. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I still hold there’s a great song in here somewhere. the won’t you say something part and the lyrics are all quite good. If they just recorded it completely differently I think it could be a good song. I could see it being a +44 song or Stockholm syndrome style song in a different universe just rebuilt from the ground up not with those two producers. 

I feel completely opposite. There's no melody, it's monotonously repeating the same shit over, but I think the music is fine. 

15 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I feel completely opposite. There's no melody, it's monotonously repeating the same shit over, but I think the music is fine. 

As is now yes. But redo the vocals at a different tempo along with different melodic delivery, some Stockholm syndrome style screaming, a heavy stay together for the kids riff, different production, could be good.

1 minute ago, NotNow said:

As is now yes. But redo the vocals at a different tempo along with different melodic delivery, some Stockholm syndrome style screaming, a heavy stay together for the kids riff, different production, could be good.

Lol. So change everything about the song and it has potential?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I get what your saying, but I do think the lyrics are 'ehhhhh' in places, but there's some good concepts in this song that get lost. 

I also really like the lyric video, but it's hilarious to have a lyric video focusing on bass drums and guitar for a song which barely shows any of those real instruments off. 

• Like 1

I said after Cali deluxe I’d give them one more college try before making my decision on this lineup. I feel wrong in my theory that the long time they took to make this record would result in a great album or even just a decent, cohesive one. Every song except generational divide has really let me down. Instead of just going with their heart and instincts, it seems like Mark’s trying so hard to chase an audience that was never gonna give blink the time of day in the first place. None of this music feels genuine at all, just super try hard with the mask slipping every time. Really disappointed and let down. I will always love what this band did in the past and the memories I’ve made listening to their music. I lost my virginity to my friend’s older brother playing the untitled album upstairs. I’ll never stop listening to their discography ever.

But I feel I’ve heard enough from this album and lineup in general to make the determination that I no longer give a shit about the future of this band as it stands. Just not for me anymore. Saddens me to say that, but it is what it is at this point.

• Like 6

I've been really excited for this song. I remember not liking BTD, BTP and Rabbit Hole, but getting really excited when I heard No Future. I think Happy Days and Darkside are cool songs and I was hoping this song would get me excited, but this bums me out. I really don't want to be a dick. I actually wish I could be excited even if my expectations have been low for a while. But like BIOMY I would turn this off if I heard it on the radio by someone else. If this is what they like to do cool. I guess I don't understand how this could even be likable in any way. I want to be supportive, but I can't, but if they just made this to troll people or try to get the expectations down so much that the album will surprise people, that'd be funny.

47 minutes ago, Ari said:

My biggest ongoing issue is:

Mark, you've been married forever, and have a kid. Like, none of this is personal at all.

I really Wish I Hated You is about nobody. Nothing.

Darkside...  "She's a girl I look back to what could've been" - No, you don't.

I think Plus 44 is fucking amazing, partly because of how real it is.

I can't wrap my head around them writing blink songs with other people. So many people. I don't understand. Especially... lyrics.

He  even had a lyricist work on Happy Days.

Yeah he has straight up got nothing to say anymore.
Hahaha jesus the lyrics are bad

I want a song about his bee farming exploits in England

Christ this song is god awful
The "I want you but I hate you" stuff is just a melody I never thought blink would lower themselves too.  So many melodies in the song feel like they are aimed at 15 year olds - I can't even really communicate what that means but that was just my first resounding thought when I heard this.
Isn't Mark's favourite band the Beatles? He should know there are a myriad of interesting and clever chord progressions but... he... just ...doesn't... bother

I like the song a lot. This and Darkside are the ones I was pretty warm to when first released. But none of the songs apart from GD are the direction I want blink to go. None of the lyrics still feel honest. Like someone mentioned, they're not as real as +44. Still, these songs are an improvement on California but I'm getting a feeling no songs will match the best songs of California. Long Lost Feeling, Los Angeles, Bottom of the Ocean & San Diego are the highlights on California for me. None of the songs so far have reached that level of quality for me. These are all like solid songs that range from 7/10 or 8/10. I feel like there will be no bad song but no amazing song either. It'll just be a solid album IMO.

1 hour ago, Ari said:

My biggest ongoing issue is:

Mark, you've been married forever, and have a kid. Like, none of this is personal at all.

I really Wish I Hated You is about nobody. Nothing.

Darkside...  "She's a girl I look back to what could've been" - No, you don't.

I think Plus 44 is fucking amazing, partly because of how real it is.

I can't wrap my head around them writing blink songs with other people. So many people. I don't understand. Especially... lyrics.

He  even had a lyricist work on Happy Days.

Real doesn't sell, simples. 

• Sad 1