I Really Wish I Hated You

Ghent

2 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

Not at all. I'm commenting on a message board same as you. Maybe take your own advice? You do know it's ok for some of us to actually not like everything a band does, right?

Yeah that's fine, but why have giant meltdowns over not liking them anymore? Just remember the blink you liked fondly and listen to something else

16 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah that's fine, but why have giant meltdowns over not liking them anymore? Just remember the blink you liked fondly and listen to something else

If you think having an opinion different from yours is a "meltdown" you have a lot of growing up to do.

You could try being an adult and ignore me or just accept my opinion is different from yours. I didn't attack you or anyone else for liking the song. I gave my opinion, as you and others did.

You love the song. Great. That's fine. You're the band's current demographic. I don't like it. Great. That's fine too. It's a blink-182 message board with different opinions on the band.

You're acting a lot like Mark does when he faces criticism online.

• Like 4

Not feeling this one. I'm down for poppy music if that's what they want to do, after all no band should have to stick with one genre. I enjoy Paramore's older and newer stuff. But this doesn't really seem genuine. It feels more like they're following a formula instead of writing stuff they care about.

I still like BIOMY and I was all over Cali when it released, but listening to post-Tom blink and Neighborhoods/DED there's just no comparison for me anymore. It makes me sad when they talk about how personal the music is to them, only to hear that Feldmann came up with the chorus and that they followed a "first thought best thought" formula.

I'm just confused as to why they're going this route. They brought on Matt Skiba, who's a talented musician/songwriter, and basically have him yell choruses while they unnaturally overproduce his voice. Imagine if they had a hands off producer who let them develop songs on their own. Why wouldn't they want to do that at this stage in their careers? They know what they're capable of without outside help. My best guess is that they really want songwriters to help them cater to the teenage demographic. But again, why play to popularity at this point? I really thought Mark prioritized making music he loved over that kind of stuff these days.

• Love 1

Hey Ghent - the supposed trolling was only ironic when it didn't make up your entire online identity. 

Does it bother you that you've become the literal embodiment of what you were originally making fun of?

Don't mind me though; I'm sure the identity and existential crises you'll inevitably face when you realize the bulk of your personality is rooted in an online message board will be a lot more to deal with than anything I can say.

• Like 2

Also, this track sucks ass. Someone play the When Your Heart Stops Beating album for Mark and remind him that there's a talented song writer in him somewhere ... fuck 

The fuck is he doing listening to all these wacky ass pop producers. The fact they're even mentioning Self Titled in the same vein of this crap may as well be blasphemous.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Hey Ghent - the supposed trolling was only ironic when it didn't make up your entire online identity. 

Does it bother you that you've become the literal embodiment of what you were originally making fun of?

Don't mind me though; I'm sure the identity and existential crises you'll inevitably face when you realize the bulk of your personality is rooted in an online message board will be a lot more to deal with than anything I can say.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611926d338167445cac20

21 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

When does the new "DeadMau5" album come out man? I bet that's gonna be really killer

• Haha 1