I Really Wish I Hated You

Ghent

Am i the only one who feels this is the right time for Tom to rejoin the band? it may sound weird but tom and mark are kinda on the same page at the moment, musically at least. With mark doing all this "synth-pop" stuff with SC and Tom has been implementing lots of synths with AVA, Travis colaborating with lots of cloud rappers in recent years making beats and stuff, i feel like something awesome could come out of a new blink record as soon as they keep it real. It might not be a "punk rock" record, but at least it will feel honest and real.

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

Wait what's this crayon joke all about? Can we hear more? Does Knapton eat crayons?

Ghent told me to eat crayons when I disagreed with him about something. 

Really makes sense now why he loves this music that's targeted towards children so much. Clearly he has the brain of a child

9 minutes ago, knapton said:

Ghent told me to eat crayons when I disagreed with him about something. 

Really makes sense now why he loves this music that's targeted towards children so much. Clearly he has the brain of a child

Well you know how they raise em in Kansas.

Stay young, date your sister.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daveyjones said:

and again maybe it's an age thing. all the bands i refer to as pop punk were formed before fall out boy (who doesn't live in my soup). so all the bands after them, the good charlottes and the new found glories or what have you, they don't even exist in my brain.

Yeah. I'm  young enough to remember when those bands were starting (FOB, Good Charlotte) but that's not what my brain goes to when I think of pop punk at all. I'm thinking the 90s. blink, Strung Out, Face To Face, Lagwagon, etc.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Can someone actually cite sources where it says blink has cowriters? Still haven't seen difinitive proof other than hearsay 

They've literally posted 100s of stories on their social medias being in studio with Co-writing teams and are credited on every song.

Or the more blatant "John came up with this sweet chorus line" in interviews

6 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

They've literally posted 100s of stories on their social medias being in studio with Co-writing teams and are credited on every song.

Or the more blatant "John came up with this sweet chorus line" in interviews

I'm not doubting it, I just want something to tangibly cite 

13 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

I'm not doubting it, I just want something to tangibly cite 

The trio recorded over 30 songs, largely in the same pop punk vein as California. Midway through the process, the band became concerned the material felt too familiar and predictable. Barker was the first to voice concern, with Hoppus and Skiba later agreeing and informing Feldmann.[7] The band decided to start over, and continued their work with outside songwriters. Hoppus likened the approach to a blind date, as prior to the sessions, the band members and producers/songwriters had yet to meet.[2]

During the recording process for Nine, the band worked with several artists, among them Pharrell Williams,[8] The Futuristics,[9] Captain Cuts, Andrew Watt, and Tim Pagnotta, with whom they wrote the singles "Blame It on My Youth" and "Happy Days". Much of the new songs were built around Barker's drum beats, rather than guitar melodies

-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_(Blink-182_album)

"Blame It on My Youth"

Single by Blink-182

from the album Nine

Released: May 8, 2019

streaming

GenrePop[1]

Length 3:06

LabelColumbia

Songwriter(s)

Mark Hoppus

Travis Barker

Matt Skiba

Tim Pagnotta

Sam Hollander

Matt Malpass

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blame_It_on_My_Youth_(Blink-182_song)

The Futuristics is an American songwriting and music production duo consisting of Alex Schwartz and Joe Khajadourian

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Futuristics

It probably took 14+ songwriters to write the 49 second song "Generational Divide"

-https://blink-182online.com

damn Google something sometime

2 hours ago, knapton said:

This is the fucking problem here. You should care about the co-writers, like a lot. 

That was one of the reasons I loved Blink was because they were a real band that wrote their own music.

So why dont we just swap out Mark or Skiba for anyone else? Seeing as you could care less about their songwriting.

Damn dude you are a fucking #punk

3 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Remember when Matt first joined blink and everyone was saying it was just going to be +44 combined with Alkaline Trio and we hoped that the AK3 influence wouldn't be too strong in blink?

How fucking awesome does a combination of +44 and Alkaline Trio sound now? I want that so much.

Yeah this is the most frustrating part of new era Blink. If they played to their strengths and made a genuine punk or rock album, it likely would have been great. I really think the death of Blink is twofold; Tom going crazy and fucking off, and Jerry Finn passing away. The band probably could have withstood one of those happening and be alright, but both really fucked things up. Blink going pop only worked with Finn's production (or even Mark with +44/Neighborhoods/CTTM/MDL), but they've just gone with pop producers. I do think they need to start to decline in popularity soon for them to ever go back to genuine rock. 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

How fucking awesome does a combination of +44 and Alkaline Trio sound now? I want that so much.

yea. it's funny, i just played when your heart stops bleeding and MCS's commit this to memory on guitar back-to-back this evening. it struck me how much mark's production of that album clearly informed what he did with +44. i mean, right when he finished with motion city, they went in to record the album.

• Like 2