I Really Wish I Hated You

Ghent

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I'm going CC style and copy/paste a comment I saw on reddit:

"I do wonder where they go after this album. This year hasn't been a good year for Blink in terms of fan relationship. The Lil Wayne tour / remix, the writers and general pop sound, the Darkside video, and let's not forget the lack of ticket sales.

But hey, if the band is doing what they want and they are okay with the backlash, then I'm okay with it."

You have to admit that everything they did over the past few months wasn't very well received. When California came out things weren't this dreary. 

Didn’t all the shows end up being packed? Everyone here that’s been to shows said so.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I'm going CC style and copy/paste a comment I saw on reddit:

"I do wonder where they go after this album. This year hasn't been a good year for Blink in terms of fan relationship. The Lil Wayne tour / remix, the writers and general pop sound, the Darkside video, and let's not forget the lack of ticket sales.

But hey, if the band is doing what they want and they are okay with the backlash, then I'm okay with it."

You have to admit that everything they did over the past few months wasn't very well received. When California came out things weren't this dreary. 

To be fair I'm pretty sure the low ticket sales are a myth. Everyone who's been to a show on this tour (including me) has said the venue has been packed. I just don't think people are buying tickets ahead of time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

This actually is a much better rendition of the song.

This was really the first time Mark tinkered heavily with electronic sound, still so much better than Simple Creatures and whatever they're doing in blink. Can't they just be more like this than all the way?

+44 

terrific band 

this record will prob never get the respect it deserve

its just not what the masses connects with or see as something great

but its all there.

terrific riffs, terrific lyrics, heartfelt, super dark(again comming from someone that alot of people tought couldnt write serious songs)

california and nine are nowhere near this quality of songwritig

this was years ago tho, maybe mark just doesnt have it in him anymore to write great stuff like this

maybe time as ran out

sometimes people just cant do it anymore ive seen many times already

also for people who think the new stuff is great

idk what you put in ur salad but like dont put that in there 

30 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Is this really much different than this? 

Honest question for the Kansas Krew, if this was by Matt and Mark would you like it?

No difference. Ghent loves Swifty he probably loves BSB too. Now even I can't deny "I want it that way" is a fantastic song though lol

Yeah, the ticket sale might be a myth, but don't focus on the tickets. Imagine the excitement of sharing the news about your new tour with Lil Wayne or your new song/video and your own fans are always shitting on it. Things aren't too rosy on their end this time, especially compared to the summer California came out. I bet they just don't care about it though.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, jlx9 said:

I’m going to actually defend Oliver here and say I’m not sure about the guitar parts in this song. I think there are some clean parts muffled up throughout the verses, you just can’t hear them as well because of the production style they were going for there. There are some ambient parts and I really like the guitar bend/slide that I think is in the chorus. I know an acoustic guitar shows up throughout the song. The only thing I’m not sure about is when the band kicks in, my first thought is that the guitars are there but the production just sounds off and I can’t tell if it’s more synth-heavy instead. I’ll find out tomorrow when we officially get a higher quality version. 

Yeah, I was half joking.

80% of Blink songs when Tom was in the band have memorable guitar riffs. Start at Enema, Dumpweed, boom, Don't leave me, again, Aliens Exist, that one too. Going Away to College, WMAA, it keeps right on going......

Name one song with Matt that has a memorable guitar riff?

LOL

• Like 2

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yeah, I was half joking.

80% of Blink songs when Tom was in the band have memorable guitar riffs. Start at Enema, Dumpweed, boom, Don't leave me, again, Aliens Exist, that one too. Going Away to College, WMAA, it keeps right on going......

Name one song with Matt that has a memorable guitar riff?

LOL

Pretty sure Don't Leave Me was all Mark

14 minutes ago, The Bean Twiddler said:

No difference. Ghent loves Swifty he probably loves BSB too. Now even I can't deny "I want it that way" is a fantastic song though lol

Backstreets chill.  Just not the direction I want blink to go.  Unless it's in a satire video.