I Really Wish I Hated You

Ghent

38 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

No doubt in my mind that praise for SC changed Mark's mindset on where to take blink on this next record. I like SC so fine by me, but I feared SC would interfere with blink and it has IMHO.

I'm not trying to be negative I'm just actually curious, have Simple Creatures gotten a lot of praise? I guess I haven't really seen much about them other than on this board.

26 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I'm not trying to be negative I'm just actually curious, have Simple Creatures gotten a lot of praise? I guess I haven't really seen much about them other than on this board.

I think specifically on social media, he has gotten pretty good feedback on it, and most importantly not near as much negativity as he is used to...which was probably refreshing since he lets that stuff get to his head. Obviously many factors come into play, SC isn't as big of a band, not as dear to as many hearts, people aren't expecting a certain sound, etc. So naturally those who are into the project are going to comment on that stuff, as opposed to 25 years of blink fan opinions on a blink release.

Of course Thanks (I Hate It) is specifically in response to people's opinions of SC EP1 so this is partly #FanFic by me, but I thought it went over pretty well. (And per the timeline, was right about when they ditched all the early stuff and switched gears into other producers/BIOMY/working based on beats/etc.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

I think specifically on social media, he has gotten pretty good feedback on it, and mostly importantly not near as much negativity as he is used to...which was probably refreshing since he lets that stuff get to his head. Obviously many factors come into play, SC isn't as a big of a band, not as dear to as many hearts, people aren't expecting a certain sound, etc. So naturally those who are into the project are going to comment on that stuff, as opposed to 25 years of blink fan opinions on a blink release.

Of course Thanks (I Hate It) is specifically in response to people's opinions of SC EP1 so this is partly #FanFic by me, but I thought it went over pretty well. (And per the timeline, was right about when they ditched all the early stuff and switched gears into other producers/BIOMY/working based on beats/etc.)

Great points, I don't like SC's music but it's much easier to just ignore it because like you said it's not dear to my heart in any way like Blink is. The timeline makes a lot of sense too!

• Like 2

I'm liking this preview. Yeah, it has Simple Creatures vibes and I'm not a fan of that project at all cause not a fan of the songwriting from that ATL dude but I like Mark's parts in those songs. So hopefully this is like the pop vibes of that project but without all the annoying crap going on that SC has.

3 minutes ago, knapton said:

It's all top 40 pop radio shit now. 

Blink haven't been in the top 40 since like TOYPAJ have they? If anything on that even made it. Maybe I Miss You did?

I wish they'd get back there. PATD doing it lately gives me hope there's still a small chance, but probably not realistic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Blink haven't been in the top 40 since like TOYPAJ have they? If that even made it

I wish they'd get back there

I'm sure they did during the 03-04 era a couple of times but can't remember. I swear BTD was top 40 too? Or was that the alternative charts? I'm not a fan of blink's direction despite liking the songs a bit, but the music is still way better than chart music of today. They definitely deserve to be in the top 40 frequently.

2 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I'm sure they did during the 03-04 era a couple of times but can't remember. I swear BTD was top 40 too? Or was that the alternative charts? I'm not a fan of blink's direction despite liking the songs a bit, but the music is still way better than chart music of today. They definitely deserve to be in the top 40 frequently.

I don't think BTD ever cracked Top 40, just topped alt charts. If it did it wasn't there long and was really high.

I Miss You is the only one I can think of that might have, I remember hearing that on Top 40 radio for a short bit back in the day

• Like 1