New Green Day album "Father of All Motherfuckers"

petros

On 9/13/2019 at 3:31 PM, Nasa said:

I like that they’re returning to what they were doing musically before their ego inflated because of American Idiot, but will it be good stuff? I’m not so sure. 

That was Warning. If this new record is going to sound like Warning, then I'm like doing fireworks and all.

• Like 1

The live version made me relisten to the song and I dig it a little more now. Billie vocally is a God he's just too good. 

Still hoping for all of this to be a troll and after they finish their last album with Warner with this they will release their actual album. You know 26 minutes is exactly one more minute for an album to be considered an lp and not an ep and they had to do one last lp to terminate their contract. 

3 hours ago, petros said:

The live version made me relisten to the song and I dig it a little more now. Billie vocally is a God he's just too good. 

Still hoping for all of this to be a troll and after they finish their last album with Warner with this they will release their actual album. You know 26 minutes is exactly one more minute for an album to be considered an lp and not an ep and they had to do one last lp to terminate their contract. 

Does that mean Milo Goes To College is an EP? 

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

Does that mean Milo Goes To College is an EP? 

Well the Descendents aren't a mainstream rock band in a major label. I've read that that's how Warner sees it though. I'm not saying it's true it's probably just a lame fan theory about a whole artwork and clips that "leaked" before the info about this album got out. 

9 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i thought warning was awful. then again, i don't own any green day past insomniac (though american idiot had some interesting moments here and there).

Well, my favourite Green Day era goes from the first EPs, troguh Kerplunk!, Dookie and ends on Insomniac, basically. Said that, I consider Warning something interesting. Compared to what they did in 21stCB, the trilogy and all, I'd take it way better than those releases.

Warning is the only Green Day record that got to me, they've never appealed to me as a band but the acoustic-infused / slightly slower / slightly sadder pop punk really hit me at the right time. Warning, Blood Sex and Booze, Church On Sunday, Misery, Waiting, Minority... fucking great songs on that record. 

I find it interesting how so many of their fans seem to be hatin this record before it has even been put out. I mean obviously the first single differs quite a bit from their typical sound, but 1) I don't see why that's a bad thing and 2) it doesn't mean that the rest of the songs will be exactly like it.

8 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I can't imagine being part of a fanbase that would act like that.

Hehe, yeah. 

GD's core fanbase tends to be a bit more positive in advance of releases though. Now, a good handful seems to be assuming that this is some kind of "fake" record in order to piss off their label and idk, I just find the whole thing kind of strange.

19 minutes ago, Madele said:

Hehe, yeah. 

GD's core fanbase tends to be a bit more positive in advance of releases though. Now, a good handful seems to be assuming that this is some kind of "fake" record in order to piss off their label and idk, I just find the whole thing kind of strange.

what a very expensive way to be petty lol 

• Like 1