New Green Day album "Father of All Motherfuckers"

petros

Absolute trash, can't stand it. 

I like Green Day as a live band, they put on an amazing show. But that's all for me.

Dookie was peak, but I've never made it through a full album of theirs without turning off cause I've always found his voice boring and irritating after 30 mins. 

On 9/11/2019 at 12:48 AM, Matt Skiba Fan 666 said:

There was still atleast quite a few good songs on 21st CB  which makes me remember it fondly even if it was just a worse attempt at doing American Idiot.

I can’t say the same for any album they’ve released since then unfortunately.

Exactly, while I don't like what 21st Century Breakdown is as a whole or what it represents, I do think there are some fantastic tracks on that album (Peacemaker, Last of the American Girls, The Static Age, and See the Light (and heck even 21 Guns was alright initially)).  Nothing sticks out from any of their releases since then, at least not to the extent where I can easily recall a track name like can from that album for the songs that I do like.

• Like 2

Also East Jesus nowhere, restless heart syndrome, Little girl, 21stcb (the track). That album is really good imo. 

Can't say the same for the dreadful trilogy and the forgettable revrad. Maybe this album will be special even in 26 minutes. I liked the video they put out for father of all. 

• 3 weeks later...

I still think this is their “choke on it Warner” album before slamming the door behind them. Billie’s enthusiastic cheers that they’re done with Warner after this is pretty telling in itself. They’ve lost the plot to some extent post AI, but they’ve never been Lulu bad. This is right there with it. And I believe it’s by design.

8 hours ago, petros said:

It's incredible how they made a song 1 minute and 54 seconds long and it felt too long. This album is gonna suck.

Sounds exactly like the other one and still sounds absolutely nothing like Green Day. did they hire outside writers too? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Sounds exactly like the other one and still sounds absolutely nothing like Green Day. did they hire outside writers too? 

Nah green day wouldn't really do that. I think it sounds way more bland than the other track which after a few listens is just ok. 

Anyway I still don't buy the whole "fuck you to Warner". Yes they are happy they are leaving Warner but why would they want to do it like that? Why damage their legacy on purpose? No I guess they just suck. Their last strong release was 10 years ago.

• Like 1

I just think they are aiming for this twist on their sound on purpose. Unless Billie Joe himself conrfirms the Warner story, I'm gonna believe they are just wanting this change. Why? Because they did it back in the day with some songs on the trilogy and the whole Foxboro Hot Tubs project, and when they write more 'classic' stuff they just sound stuck on that, and kind of bland.

By the way, talking about rumours, the BIG rumour back in the day was that there was not any stolen master when they were writing American Idiot, but The NEtwork songs released under The Network name. Like they changed their minds in regard to release those songs under the Green Day brand (so they kind of developed them much more turning them into the electronic thing they did wqith that record).

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

I just think they are aiming for this twist on their sound on purpose. Unless Billie Joe himself conrfirms the Warner story, I'm gonna believe they are just wanting this change. Why? Because they did it back in the day with some songs on the trilogy and the whole Foxboro Hot Tubs project, and when they write more 'classic' stuff they just sound stuck on that, and kind of bland.

By the way, talking about rumours, the BIG rumour back in the day was that there was not any stolen master when they were writing American Idiot, but The NEtwork songs released under The Network name. Like they changed their minds in regard to release those songs under the Green Day brand (so they kind of developed them much more turning them into the electronic thing they did wqith that record).

Billie straight up said this is it with Warner and that they plan on releasing more new music next year before the tour. With a very gleeful tone about it almost as if he was the Genie being freed from the lamp at the end of Aladdin. That’s new music after whatever this is comes out. There’s plenty of reason why this conspiracy has meat to it. That or he’s lost his mind again. Or both.

i think for whatever reason the relationship between them and Warner had soured sometime after 21st cb. Even back before the trilogy came out to crash and burn there seemed to be some tension. In some interview, maybe it was Rolling Stone, they asked Billie if this counted as three albums per their contract. And Billie’s reply was something like “no, it’s one, and believe me, we asked”. Something about that seemed off putting back then, and it makes even more sense now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ghost said:

Yeah that's probably true. Like there's no way recordings where just stolen, there were no back ups and they decided to do a new album instead. Thank God that got us the masterpiece American Idiot is.

• Like 1