New Green Day album "Father of All Motherfuckers"

petros

20 hours ago, Speedo said:

I'm kind of impressed, it was a fun album. It's not amazing but it's fun. 

Exactly my thoughts. I'm happy they're not trying to be punk again. It's not groundbreaking but it has some great tunes. First enjoyable release since 21stcb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petros said:

Exactly my thoughts. I'm happy they're not trying to be punk again. It's not groundbreaking but it has some great tunes. First enjoyable release since 21stcb.

I'm stoked I was able to pink up a neon pink vinyl yesterday and I love the album!!! It's not groundbreaking or Grammy worthy but I do believe it's a taste of what's to come on the next LP!

• Like 1

Just listened to it all, it was mostly forgettable, but that last song is pretty decent.  Kudos for doing things differently, but at the end of the day, I don't think it was for the best.   For all the crap I gave 21CB back in the day for how unoriginal a follow up to American Idiot it was, at least there was a handful of songs there that have stood the test of time.  Can't say the same for the trilogy or their last album, and I'm pretty doubtful I'll be able to say the same here, considering there is only one song I enjoy much here.

• Like 1

It's not like I hated it, it just didn't resonate with me.  Not really the sound I want from these guys, not really a sound I dig much at all honestly.  I said this before, but if they're gonna do something different, I'd love another Foxboro Hot Tubs album, and I know that they've claimed Dos was meant to be a successor to that album, but man Dos has nothing on Foxboro Hot Tubs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, M!ke said:

It's not like I hated it, it just didn't resonate with me.  Not really the sound I want from these guys, not really a sound I dig much at all honestly.  I said this before, but if they're gonna do something different, I'd love another Foxboro Hot Tubs album, and I know that they've claimed Dos was meant to be a successor to that album, but man Dos has nothing on Foxboro Hot Tubs.

I love the Foxboro Hot Tubs album! 

I liked this album, I thought I wouldn't after hearing the singles, but it was a good album, nothing amazing but it wasn't bad

On 2/15/2020 at 12:15 AM, Speedo said:

Is that your professional diagnosis, Dr. Drew? 

Or you know him actually stating he’s drinking again and doing press saying shit like “what’s really ‘sobriety’ anyways?”. That on top of the erratic behavior, the erratic nonsensical promotion and Instagram statements regarding the album. Most former drug addicts will tell you that complete abstinence is the only way. It doesn’t take a rocket science to see he ain’t exactly playing with a full deck again.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bobbo11290 said:

Or you know him actually stating he’s drinking again and doing press saying shit like “what’s really ‘sobriety’ anyways?”. That on top of the erratic behavior, the erratic nonsensical promotion and Instagram statements regarding the album. Most former drug addicts will tell you that complete abstinence is the only way. It doesn’t take a rocket science to see he ain’t exactly playing with a full deck again.

What part of that equates to "out of his mind on drugs again" for you? Are you saying people can't drink without doing drugs?