Spotify NineEncores Thread

Ghent

7 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I would love to hear some re-recorded old songs, but I'm thinking maybe this is their bonus disk and the artwork just references all of the albums leading up to Nine? 

But it wouldn't be an "encore" and wouldn't be coming out a day before the album if it wasn't something different would it?

I would love to hear re-recorded old songs but I'd prefer that be done with Tom. I don't dislike Matt in general but Tom is a huge, distinct part of their older discography. I'm hoping that speculation is false. 

I'm intrigued though! I like how cryptic the posts are. Keeps me interested in the hype around the album (especially since I've been a little more jaded toward it as of recent). 

Was wondering what the heck this could be? So obviously the old album references are likely accounting for the "how they got to NINE" album title... so I don't think it's anything with old songs/albums.

But then it's "encore", a day before the album drops which doesn't make sense...and NINE is in it, so it's gotta be specific to the new album. 

They haven't played enough new stuff live for it to be any nice version of that. They are off that day, so I'm guessing either they are gonna do some special social media stuff that day, or stream the album in full on that MySpace page. (Since they know it's gonna be out in New Zealand that day anyway)

Edit: Just saw it's a Spotify thing, so I'm thinking it's either just a special playlist that day, or maybe a special performance with a song from each album leading up to NINE

19 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Edit: Just saw it's a Spotify thing, so I'm thinking it's either just a special playlist that day, or maybe a special performance with a song from each album leading up to NINE

Yeah I could see it being something like this as well

Just now, Scott. said:

If they re record any Tom songs with Matt then they’re 100% fucking DEAD to me. Wouldn’t accept that one bit. 

lol dude, it's becoming a running joke at this point how many times you've pronounced blink dead to you. Same with Oliver

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They aren't re-recording anything, they haven't had time and the "NINE" title wasn't even figured out until halfway through the tour. It's gonna be a playlist or at most a live performance commemorating each album as they pitch the whole "why the album is called NINE" mantra.

21 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

They aren't re-recording anything, they haven't had time and the "NINE" title wasn't even figured out until halfway through the tour. It's gonna be a playlist or at most a live performance commemorating each album as they pitch the whole "why the album is called NINE" mantra.

Who knows man, they were recording the album for a looooooong time and maybe the "NINE" title idea (and WMAA/Lil Wayne recording) came out of the re-recording sessions in the first place while they were deciding whether to do a Buddha song or not and whether it counts as an album. No idea if that's the case obviously, but the idea to have Matt re-record old songs has popped up off and on since he joined the band so maybe they had been toying with the idea for awhile. Beyond that I'm just not sure why they'd make an announcement for a Spotify playlist of old songs or something like that.

• Like 1