Spotify NineEncores Thread

Ghent

5 minutes ago, Ari said:

It's called Nine, because it's in reference to nine studio albums, dude. Not Nine releases. 

And the track listing is referred to as a setlist, so it's definitely not re-recordings.

I'm not an idiot, I know the new album is called Nine.  But I think it'd be pretty dumb to call this supposed release NineEncores and then only have 8 Encores.  But what do I know lol. 

Also any real confirmation that this is a setlist and nothing more?  I'm going purely off speculation here, and I'm not seeing anything concrete yet one way or another.  Just that Spotify has something to do with it.  That alone does not indicate to me that it's only a playlist and not maybe an exclusive digital album of 9 rerecorded songs released to Spotify.  Not saying it isn't just a playlist, but I'm not seeing any clear indicator to say that's all it is.

1 minute ago, Ari said:

It would be dumber, given the fact they’re clearly trying to show why the album is called what it is to throw in a song from an off release that isn’t representative of the message they’re presenting. 

If that's what you believe, that's fair.  I don't agree though.  In fact, I think it'd be kinda neat to call this hypothetical release EightEncores (if it is only Eight songs), and then the next day release Nine.  But, maybe that's just me.

10 minutes ago, M!ke said:

If that's what you believe, that's fair.  I don't agree though.  In fact, I think it'd be kinda neat to call this hypothetical release EightEncores (if it is only Eight songs), and then the next day release Nine.  But, maybe that's just me.

You’re reading it as a word play. I think it just means encores of the albums leading up to the ninth album, which just so happens to be called nine.

Also they had like a three week tour break, it easily could have been recorded then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NotNow said:

You’re reading it as a word play. I think it just means encores of the albums leading up to the ninth album, which just so happens to be called nine.

Also they had like a three week tour break, it easily could have been recorded then.

Sure, I can understand that mentality, and maybe that is it.  But why can't I speculate otherwise?  That's all we're doing here.  Nothing has been confirmed, not sure why it's such a crime that I'm considering how it could legit be 9 actual encores.  But fuck me I guess.

In the end I think it’s going to come down to ones individual interpretation of what it means to call something a re-recording, because I think the songs will be live, but session style meaning zero audience and professional sound so in a way you’d be hearing in a clearer vein what these songs would sound like with skiba, but they won’t fully have that stop and go, record parts separate album feel. 

4 minutes ago, Ari said:

In the end I think it’s going to come down to ones individual interpretation of what it means to call something a re-recording, because I think the songs will be live, but session style meaning zero audience and professional sound so in a way you’d be hearing in a clearer vein what these songs would sound like with skiba, but they won’t fully have that stop and go, record parts separate album feel. 

I wouldn't be opposed to that.  I was hoping that the acoustic Bored to Death on the Deluxe album would be a studio recording, but at the end of the day, I still really like that live recording.  Elsewhere, I look to Of Monsters and Men's Live in Vatnagarðar release, which is technically a live album, but was recorded in front of no audience, so it sounds like a studio album, and it has some very different recordings of a couple of their songs as well as a cover they never recorded before, and it sounds simply like a studio album that I love.  I absolutely would be on board with that kind of release as well.

50 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Ok, sorry, a 9th RELEASE that doesn't include the upcoming album.  We really getting into semantics now?  I know that you know what I was getting at.

I don't know what you're getting at, no ... which is why I questioned it. As Ari said, the upcoming album is called Nine because it's the ninth studio album. There wouldn't be any reason to include the MT&TS or DED as they aren't included in what makes the Nine the ninth album. What you're getting at makes no fucking sense to the entire concept of why the latest album is called Nine. It isn't semantics at all, it just has a set definition that you are having trouble grasping for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't know what you're getting at, no ... which is why I questioned it. As Ari said, the upcoming album is called Nine because it's the ninth studio album. There wouldn't be any reason to include the MT&TS or DED as they aren't included in what makes the Nine the ninth album. What you're getting at makes no fucking sense to the entire concept of why the latest album is called Nine. It isn't semantics at all, it just has a set definition that you are having trouble grasping for some reason.

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm literally operating on the idea that this supposed release MIGHT be 9 encores.  It's all speculation, I really can't believe I have to explain this.  But this is the internet, nothing should really surprise me anymore.  I had forgotten why I had strayed so much from this place, but I'm quickly remembering why lol.

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm literally operating on the idea that this supposed release MIGHT be 9 encores.  It's all speculation, I really can't believe I have to explain this.  But this is the internet, nothing should really surprise me anymore.  I had forgotten why I had strayed so much from this place, but I'm quickly remembering why lol.

I mean, yeah, if you literally ignore the post they made with all the items that allude to the other 8 studio albums that led up to Nine ... sure.

This place is a zoo and you and Knapton are the fucking mayors.

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I mean, yeah, if you literally ignore the post they made with all the items that allude to the other 8 studio albums that led up to Nine ... sure.

This place is a zoo and you and Knapton are the fucking mayors.

How am I a mayor?  Because I like to speculate?  Shame on me I guess.  What do you get out of telling me I'm wrong with just hypothesizing about what I think might happen here?  Genuine question.  I feel like I shouldn't have to say this, but I'm just giving out ideas of what I'd like to see happen here, I wouldn't' be surprised in the slightest to not see it happen, but until I hear otherwise I see no good reason to say it can't happen, aside from people like you being so staunch in your mindset that it absolutely wont happen.  Hell, you're probably right, but I want to speculate all the same, there shouldn't be anything wrong with that, especially on a fan site dedicated to the band.

You're the mayor (along with knapton) because zoos don't have mayors, they're zoos. It's something a retard would declare themselves because they're retarded and have no hold on reality. You and Knapton are retards.

Call me a dreamer but I was hoping to help you with the realization that what you're saying is dumb and people are laughing at you.

It didn't work, sometimes dreams die.

Whilst I applaud your ability to hold a thought you will eventually need to come to terms with the fact that not everything that fogs up your mind is birthed from an intellectual gold mine.

The "hypothesis" of yours was a stinker and since people visit this site who aren't members it's imperative that we try to put the best of ourselves out there. I won't allow you to make us look the fool, Mike.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

You're the mayor (along with knapton) because zoos don't have mayors, they're zoos. It's something a retard would declare themselves because they're retarded and have no hold on reality. You and Knapton are retards.

Call me a dreamer but I was hoping to help you with the realization that what you're saying is dumb and people are laughing at you.

It didn't work, sometimes dreams die.

Whilst I applaud your ability to hold a thought you will eventually need to come to terms with the fact that not everything that fogs up your mind is birthed from an intellectual gold mine.

The "hypothesis" of yours was a stinker and since people visit this site who aren't members it's imperative that we try to put the best of ourselves out there. I won't allow you to make us look the fool, Mike.

Wow, now I'm definitely remembering why I left this place.  You all have a good one.

1 hour ago, Ari said:

This would still be pretty cool!

Like with everybody everywhere, if you've the right to post speculation regarding anything, anybody else has the right to disagree. I don't understand the issue with that? And why the jab at this community, and you staying or going because certain people disagree with what you theorize? Theorizing things is what you do, and there are times when people get hyped with you, and agree what you think might happen is plausible, and there are times when people don't.  It's not the end of the world when you're proven wrong, and it's not walk on water life altering when you're proven right. I think, while other responses are light hearted, while maintaining a firm honest stance on you missing the mark on what you're speculating, you're being hostile and getting way too worked off over people disagreeing with you. That why you left? Okay, then leave. You were an active contributor who, when I came back, I was hoping was still around, but I hate bull shit like that. I'm not going to, and nobody should have to get down on their knees and sing your praises in order to keep you from leaving. Your comments regarding this community really disappoint me, and turn me off a bit to you in general. 

• Like 1