Spotify NineEncores Thread

Ghent

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Sure, I can understand that mentality, and maybe that is it.  But why can't I speculate otherwise?  That's all we're doing here.  Nothing has been confirmed, not sure why it's such a crime that I'm considering how it could legit be 9 actual encores.  But fuck me I guess.

I wasn’t calling you out for anything, just giving my interpretation of it

29 minutes ago, Ari said:

Like with everybody everywhere, if you've the right to post speculation regarding anything, anybody else has the right to disagree. I don't understand the issue with that? And why the jab at this community, and you staying or going because certain people disagree with what you theorize? Theorizing things is what you do, and there are times when people get hyped with you, and agree what you think might happen is plausible, and there are times when people don't.  It's not the end of the world when you're proven wrong, and it's not walk on water life altering when you're proven right. I think, while other responses are light hearted, while maintaining a firm honest stance on you missing the mark on what you're speculating, you're being hostile and getting way too worked off over people disagreeing with you. That why you left? Okay, then leave. You were an active contributor who, when I came back, I was hoping was still around, but I hate bull shit like that. I'm not going to, and nobody should have to get down on their knees and sing your praises in order to keep you from leaving. Your comments regarding this community really disappoint me, and turn me off a bit to you in general. 

He'll be back, he just had to go to work. Those sweatband headphones aren't going to sell themselves.

• Haha 1

Going back in my head to some of the way I handled myself here when I was younger, I never wanna get wrapped up in that again. I wanna have fun, and I wanna entertain people and maintaining  the friendships I have that are part of this community, while hopefully making new ones all while maintaining as much respectful vocal difference with whomever regarding whatever. There's just no payoff in the jab pursuit in my opinion. Lots of regret. I mean, I look back at the way I'd sometimes treat and disrespect a lot of members here, when I was younger, who have, and had nothing but the best intentions in mind and all it does is make me look like an idiot, and a tool. Perfect example: I recently flipped through the Sasha fake interview thread and the way I was running down @Thomas D. in it was so unwarranted and obnoxious, I felt sick. I don't know or need the context to know it wasn't justified, and I can't wrap my head around why I'd allow myself to have that message board mentality towards anyone. I'm pretty sure I'd make constant digs at him regarding his friendship with Chloe if I remember right, and why? Was it because someone else would quote the jab with a 'hahaha'?  I'm not about that validation anymore, and I wish I wasn't when I was younger.  I'd like to look back on my time here and feel, if at all possible, somewhat proud of the way I carried myself and what I was able to contribute- I don't think, for now, I'm able to. I feel like I could equate myself to a comedy movie that when rewatched a decade later makes you cringe a little and wonder how it might be perceived were it to come out today. 

this is in no way a dig at you, I enjoy your sense of humor, you're a top friend from here and whether people like you or not, you stand out because you have a unique voice and personality. I think you're more confident, and sure of your place and self, enough to separate the parts you show and don't on here. I'm unable, because I am, on a good day, a complete mystery to myself. I just disagree with subtle burns such as that, and feel as though when we do things like that it brings justification to why someone might feel inclined to not sign in anymore, versus taking issue with people disagreeing with how you think something might play out. One is a case you can win, the other you cannot, and like I said, from experience, in the long run one could very easily lead to a lot of regret and frustration towards one's self. I remember when he posted about those headbands for the first time, and his cd spinner thing that he made,  there was this glow to him and the way he broke down what he had come up with that I'd hate to see go away. I'd be really sad. 

In the same way I find you to be a unique personality here, someone who makes this place all the more better by your active, original contributions I think the same could easily be said for @M!ke, he is somebody who I look at, and think "we have a M!KE, this person is part of our community, and we are lucky for that".  I reached out in a PM to him a few weeks ago because I wanted to discuss something with him (I'm not sure if he didn't see it, or saw it and thought nah" but I can't sit here and pretend to think this place would be better without him, because in a lot of ways it would be a lot worse. @M!ke, honestly you  are somebody who's theories I'm pretty positive I disagree with entirely ninety-percent of the time. And they crack me up. and I'll be the first to voluntarily call you crazy. But I'm not literally calling you crazy. Sometimes it's banter, sometimes its debate, sometimes it's friendly, sometimes it gets passionately heated. I feel like that should be fine. I wish the mutual respect was more clear. I can call you crazy, but I'll also be the first one to voluntarily have your back if anyone were to tell you to fuck off and never come back here again. I think that's why your comment bothered me so much.

I equate it to, when somebody comes in here and says Blink-182 sucks now, @Ghent will be the first one to roll his eyes and tell that person exactly why they're out of their mind for having that opinion. I highly doubt,  as heated as those exchanges sometimes get either party is wrestling with the hope the other never returns. This community was built on that bonding dynamic. We'll get along here, clash there, and meet somewhere in the middle. It's the beauty of this place in my opinion, that's why I think it was so painful to come back and see so many bridges between members actually burned.  It makes me wonder when it got to that point, and how such a thing could've been avoided. 

Whoa, sorry. I'm done. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ari said:

Going back in my head to some of the way I handled myself here when I was younger, I never wanna get wrapped up in that again. I wanna have fun, and I wanna entertain people and maintaining  the friendships I have that are part of this community, while hopefully making new ones all while maintaining as much respectful vocal difference with whomever regarding whatever. There's just no payoff in the jab pursuit in my opinion. Lots of regret. I mean, I look back at the way I'd sometimes treat and disrespect a lot of members here, when I was younger, who have, and had nothing but the best intentions in mind and all it does is make me look like an idiot, and a tool. Perfect example: I recently flipped through the Sasha fake interview thread and the way I was running down @Thomas D. in it was so unwarranted and obnoxious, I felt sick. I don't know or need the context to know it wasn't justified, and I can't wrap my head around why I'd allow myself to have that message board mentality towards anyone. I'm pretty sure I'd make constant digs at him regarding his friendship with Chloe if I remember right, and why? Was it because someone else would quote the jab with a 'hahaha'?  I'm not about that validation anymore, and I wish I wasn't when I was younger.  I'd like to look back on my time here and feel, if at all possible, somewhat proud of the way I carried myself and what I was able to contribute- I don't think, for now, I'm able to. I feel like I could equate myself to a comedy movie that when rewatched a decade later makes you cringe a little and wonder how it might be perceived were it to come out today. 

this is in no way a dig at you, I enjoy your sense of humor, you're a top friend from here and whether people like you or not, you stand out because you have a unique voice and personality. I think you're more confident, and sure of your place and self, enough to separate the parts you show and don't on here. I'm unable, because I am, on a good day, a complete mystery to myself. I just disagree with subtle burns such as that, and feel as though when we do things like that it brings justification to why someone might feel inclined to not sign in anymore, versus taking issue with people disagreeing with how you think something might play out. One is a case you can win, the other you cannot, and like I said, from experience, in the long run one could very easily lead to a lot of regret and frustration towards one's self. I remember when he posted about those headbands for the first time, and his cd spinner thing that he made,  there was this glow to him and the way he broke down what he had come up with that I'd hate to see go away. I'd be really sad. 

In the same way I find you to be a unique personality here, someone who makes this place all the more better by your active, original contributions I think the same could easily be said for @M!ke, he is somebody who I look at, and think "we have a M!KE, this person is part of our community, and we are lucky for that".  I reached out in a PM to him a few weeks ago because I wanted to discuss something with him (I'm not sure if he didn't see it, or saw it and thought nah" but I can't sit here and pretend to think this place would be better without him, because in a lot of ways it would be a lot worse. @M!ke, honestly you  are somebody who's theories I'm pretty positive I disagree with entirely ninety-percent of the time. And they crack me up. and I'll be the first to voluntarily call you crazy. But I'm not literally calling you crazy. Sometimes it's banter, sometimes its debate, sometimes it's friendly, sometimes it gets passionately heated. I feel like that should be fine. I wish the mutual respect was more clear. I can call you crazy, but I'll also be the first one to voluntarily have your back if anyone were to tell you to fuck off and never come back here again. I think that's why your comment bothered me so much.

I equate it to, when somebody comes in here and says Blink-182 sucks now, @Ghent will be the first one to roll his eyes and tell that person exactly why they're out of their mind for having that opinion. I highly doubt,  as heated as those exchanges sometimes get either party is wrestling with the hope the other never returns. This community was built on that bonding dynamic. We'll get along here, clash there, and meet somewhere in the middle. It's the beauty of this place in my opinion, that's why I think it was so painful to come back and see so many bridges between members actually burned.  It makes me wonder when it got to that point, and how such a thing could've been avoided. 

Whoa, sorry. I'm done. 

I certainly don’t have anything against the Kansas krew. The back and forth with @Ghent moments are really fun even when he’s mocking me, it’s what makes the blink section fun and entertaining. If we didn’t get into ridiculous arguments, there wouldn’t be exchanges here in this section to laugh at. 

Thanks @Speedo for bringing me into a conversation I wasn't apart of (don't think I even posted in this thread) and straight up calling me retarded and referencing me multiple times in different posts. Nice to see you couldn't even bother to tag me in it. 

If this place is such a zoo then you're for sure the monkey who picks up his own shit and throws it

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I'm going with live recordings of those 8 songs listed and maybe the 9th one is a one day new track release before the album drops on the 20th. It's a shame though because I thought they might be announcing a short winter tour to support the new record. 

It has to be live recordings for Spotify. It's still awesome because, as Ari said, the quality will be good. If these songs were all re-recorded officially, it would be like an official EP and I don't think they can release an EP the day before the album. 

7 hours ago, Ari said:

Whoa, sorry. I'm done. 

arguing is normal and part of life its been happening since humans could talk and will continue onward

we make things go forward by arguing not by being passive and try to b nice people that all agree with each other

• Like 1

Studio recordings wouldn't surprise me at all. 

People getting quite hung up on 'set-list' - which makes a lot of sense and credence to it being a'live' thing - but this information has come from an Italian website/fansite. So it could just as easily be a poor translation for 'track-list'. 

20 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Studio recordings wouldn't surprise me at all. 

People getting quite hung up on 'set-list' - which makes a lot of sense and credence to it being a'live' thing - but this information has come from an Italian website/fansite. So it could just as easily be a poor translation for 'track-list'. 

That man has been running that website for more than 20 years and I know he is friends with Mark and his inner circle so you should trust his source. If he said setlist, it's probably a Spotify setlist imo.

10 minutes ago, Elisa said:

That man has been running that website for more than 20 years and I know he is friends with Mark and his inner circle so you should trust his source. If he said setlist, it's probably a Spotify setlist imo.

Fair enough, I didn't know that. Just trying to apply a bit of logic to the situation, could still be feasible that it's nothing more than a slight  mistranslation. Or it could be bang on, or one of the multiple other theories that people here have come up with. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, knapton said:

Thanks @Speedo for bringing me into a conversation I wasn't apart of (don't think I even posted in this thread) and straight up calling me retarded and referencing me multiple times in different posts. Nice to see you couldn't even bother to tag me in it. 

If this place is such a zoo then you're for sure the monkey who picks up his own shit and throws it

::splat::