Spotify NineEncores Thread

Ghent

1 hour ago, jlx9 said:

If they re-record any old songs with Matt, it should be Down, Always, and I Miss You (they’ll probably do that one). Those are the songs off the top of my head that Matt added something of his own to it, even if it was little. I can’t think of any others but First Date is actually enjoyable with Matt now with his melody changes.

Someone on the blink subreddit commented with this link of the apparent setlist. http://en.blink182forever.com/news/4688/blink-182-s-nine-encores-will-be-out-on-19-sup-th-sup-september-2019/

generic disapointing song list if those are the one

goes realy well with how generic blink as been in feldy era

they are aiming for $$$ with such a corny best hit song song choice

first date is a tom song lmfao!

4 minutes ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

generic disapointing song list if those are the one

goes realy well with how generic blink as been in feldy era

they are aiming for $$$ with such a corny best hit song song choice

first date is a tom song lmfao!

lol, have you ever thought about switching sides with your troll game? I feel like you'd be better off being pro blink at this point as far as trolling goes. Your posts just blend in with the rest, just with worse grammar and spelling. What you say isn't that radical because most people here are tombots.

The Krew would consider letting you troll for us if you want to think about it.

• Haha 2

Just hearing different versions of beloved songs, especially with a different member would be pretty cool.

I'm not going to get my hopes up too much though. This could be something lame, just not sure what else it would be

• Like 7

Also, if their setup looks something like that on an upcoming tour, not gonna lie, that'd be pretty friggen cool.  Certainly cooler than a few metal shelves behind them. (Really don't mean to hate on Tom here, but seriously, the fuck is up with his setup for this Angels and Airwaves tour?)

Alright, if this is real, here are the songs I'd like to hear re-recorded, assuming it's one per album:

Buddha: 21 Days
Cheshire Cat: Carousel
Dude Ranch: they'd probably go with Dammit, but just about anything would be great, my vote is for Dick Lips or Untitled, but my gut says it'd be Dammit
Enema of the State: Dysentary Gary
Mark Tom and Travis Show (they have to reach 9 assumably, and Nine itself wouldn't make sense to lend a track): Man Overboard
Take Off Your Pants and Jacket: I want Reckless Abandon, but that's almost entirely a Tom song, so I don't think they'd go that route, as such: Rock Show (I'd love for them to record a version kinda like how they played it live back in the 2003/2004 tours)
Untitled: Feeling This or I Miss You I think would be what they'd go for, again though, just about anything would be great here.
Neighborhoods: Kaleidoscope
Dogs Eating Dogs: Disaster is what I'd like, but that too is almost an entirely Tom song, so I'd bet they'd go with Boxing Day

I don't think they'd do a California rerecording, unless maybe they took a song in a very different direction, as such I think they'd go to Dogs Eating Dogs instead.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Matt Skiba Fan 666 said:

Who said that’s legit though? It didn’t come with any source just some fan Site right? Unless the reddit post had more info

I mean you can’t verify it’s legit, but it’s not uncommon for this tracklisting and album art data to be put there to be scraped once the album has been published to the services. It could definitely be a lie, but I’d be more inclined to believe it. Seems like a reasonable list enough too

1 hour ago, jlx9 said:

Bucket list for these is to have a studio version of Matt on Down. Love his twist on the chorus.

Ooh, I was thinking they'd go with I Miss You or Feeling This, but Down would be pretty cool.  And after all this time I think I do prefer Down of those 3 singles, but it was a slow burn, for the longest time it was my second least favorite single from Untitled (least favorite being Always).

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

Ooh, I was thinking they'd go with I Miss You or Feeling This, but Down would be pretty cool.  And after all this time I think I do prefer Down of those 3 singles, but it was a slow burn, for the longest time it was my second least favorite single from Untitled (least favorite being Always).

Yea but you might get a studio recording of the I miss you live outro...which would be epic

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Yea but you might get a studio recording of the I miss you live outro...which would be epic

Aw shit, that's true too, that'd be fucking awesome.  But maybe if they go with Down, they'd go with the TLA Arrangement outro which I always did love, but got next to no love overall.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I mean you can’t verify it’s legit, but it’s not uncommon for this tracklisting and album art data to be put there to be scraped once the album has been published to the services. It could definitely be a lie, but I’d be more inclined to believe it. Seems like a reasonable list enough too

22 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Would seem like an odd thing to make up and an odd way to present it

Yeah true. I guess I’m just skeptical of things posted without a source.  Easy for people to make shit up to get traction on your website.

30 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Would seem like an odd thing to make up and an odd way to present it

True, but why call it NineEncores and then only have 8 songs?  I'd think The Mark Tom and Travis Show and/or Dogs Eating Dogs might lend a song too to get the total to 9 tracks.  TMTTS would have to be Man Overboard obviously, and my thought is that there is little reason to rerecord a California track unless they take it in a very different direction, so maybe a track from Dogs Eating Dogs could be on the agenda too.

Buddha 

Cheshire

Dude Ranch 

Enema

TOYPAJ 

Untitled 

Neighborhoods 

California 

Throw in a non-album song from the Nine sessions and you've got nine tracks. Where the fuck are you pulling the need for MT&TS or DED from, Mike?

Hell. They could throw on the extended version of Generational Divide and I'd be pretty stoked.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

This does make me curious if when they rerecorded WMAA for that mashup if they actually rerecorded multiple songs.

I can't help but feel like whatever this is will be disappointing. But if it is rerecordings, I'll be super excited!

that's what I was thinking.  I'd be so pumped to get those songs with "that sound" and maybe like the I Miss You outro they've been doing for awhile.  Maybe an acoustic, non-live version of BTD? 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

Buddha 

Cheshire

Dude Ranch 

Enema

TOYPAJ 

Untitled 

Neighborhoods 

California 

Throw in a non-album song from the Nine sessions and you've got nine tracks. Where the fuck are you pulling the need for MT&TS or DED from, Mike?

Either, or, or both.  Why would they rerecord a California or Nine track?  Unless they take a track from either of those albums in different directions, it wouldn't make as much sense as to just take a song from another release or two instead.  Maybe you don't agree with with Dogs Eating Dogs over California, but why would Man Overboard not be viable for such a release?  Its a classic, and comes from a 9th album that doesn't include the upcoming album.