NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

Way better than California but I've got no idea what to make of some of the songs. It really is experimental haha. Gonna take a while for me to like some of the songs but I'm loving the darker vibe. Black Rain is fucking awesome. No fucking clue why BIOMY and IRWIHY are on this album though. They don't suit the vibe of this album at all.

My only other gripe is I wish they'd lower the key of some of the songs. I prefer Mark when he's not singing as high.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Way better than California but I've got no idea what to make of some of the songs. It really is experimental haha. Gonna take a while for me to like some of the songs but I'm loving the darker vibe. Black Rain is fucking awesome. No fucking clue why BIOMY and IRWIHY are on this album though. They don't suit the vibe of this album at all.

I was just thinking that with how many songs are on here I don't get why they added these at all. Maybe to test the waters and see how they/we liked a more pop vibe? Radio play? At 15 songs total it doesn't need them at all and they could have been on a separate EP with their other collabs that are supposed to be coming later. I don't really care either way, but it's an interesting choice. Leading with them was either a genius or terrible idea, can't tell which haha

• Like 1

Surprised I’m not seeing more love for Remember To Forget Me. It’s unreal. Songs like Pin The Grenade and Darkside are brilliant and a lot of fun and normally what I want from Blink but Jesus Remember To Forget Me is just amazing. Will probably change with more listens but right now I’m saying this is my favourite song on Nine.

Also cool to hear Blink sing about New York on OSES. Have they ever really sang about anywhere else other than California?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, ManchesterAdam said:

Surprised I’m not seeing more love for Remember To Forget Me. It’s unreal. Songs like Pin The Grenade and Darkside are brilliant and a lot of fun and normally what I want from Blink but Jesus Remember To Forget Me is just amazing. Will probably change with more listens but right now I’m saying this is my favourite song on Nine.

Also cool to hear Blink sing about New York on OSES. Have they ever really sang about anywhere else other than California?

The riff in Remember to Forget Me is bloody amazing.

12 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I think Blame It On My Youth fits in better and sounds more "Blinkish" than IRWIHY or Hungover You

I have to agree with this, even with my comments above. For some reason BIOMY sounds so much like blink and i have no idea why. For once I agree with @Ghent that it sounds like blink in 2019, even if it's something i don't need haha

6 minutes ago, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

The single choices were BIZARRE

Yeah if you take out the specifically "pop radio" aspect, they chose some of the worst songs to release in advance haha. I can only imagine if, for example, they had chosen to release Pin The Grenade for the radio and Heaven for an internet release. Both are still "poppy" in structure but have more of a classically Blinkish feel, a lot more "oomph" and less awkwardness haha, I feel like the hype from all fans would've been pretty high. Oh well!

• Like 1