NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Ransom is fucking great. On some emo shit is super mediocre though imo. Do people try to like iz more because it is allegedly only written by the band? Most bland song of the album for me so far...

Really surprised by the whole thing still. Great record. 

Emo pt. 2 is mostly just filler, it's okay and it's better than Hungover and Hated You but I can take it or leave it. 

I'm actually pretty interested in hearing the songs that didn't make the cut.

Some decent Things on this record. Just got through the whole thing.has some nice moments for sure, but i dont feel the need to listen to it much more again.the whole thing just sounds like what it is: a great collaboral effort of a lot of music industty dudes making a worthwile record. Much better than i anticipated but none of those songs will matter to anyone in 5 years. Perfect business right there though. 

I wont obsess over this like some other blink records, but after the trainwreck that was california,  this is a nice change in direction. However if this was a record by any other band i wouldnt even care about it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

Some decent Things on this record. Just got through the whole thing.has some nice moments for sure, but i dont feel the need to listen to it much more again.the whole thing just sounds like what it is: a great collaboral effort of a lot of music industty dudes making a worthwile record. Much better than i anticipated but none of those songs will matter to anyone in 5 years. Perfect business right there though. 

I wont obsess over this like some other blink records, but after the trainwreck that was california,  this is a nice change in direction. However if this was a record by any other band i wouldnt even care about it.

giphy.gif

From now on we are all calling you Debbie. I made it happen for Jan, I'll make it happen for you too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm mixed after my first listen. I'm definitely gonna let the songs sink in more before saying it's the 3rd best blink album like I did last time haha. Still, so cool to see positive reactions all-around here. Nothing beats album leak day. :)

First impressions: The First Time is awesome. Heaven actually sounds like +44 meets AK3 (!). Black Rain and No Heart to Speak Of are standouts. Ransom is a fun little song. Remember to Forget Me is the worst song imo. I'm so glad they experimented more instead of giving us generic songs like the ones on Cali. For example, I wasn't very into On Some Emo Shit, but the outro was phenomenal and now I want to come back to it. Speaking of which, the outros on some of these songs are some of the best points in the album. Reminds me of +44.

I still think they can and should push it more experimentation-wise, but it's a step in the right direction and I think a lot of it will grow on me the more I listen.

6 minutes ago, Speedo said:

giphy.gif

From now on we are all calling you Debbie. I made it happen for Jan, I'll make it happen for you too.

I really dont want to be a downer. As i sad i'm pleasently surprised by this record.  I buy every record that i love on vinyl. Won't buy this one though. Just my opinion.

I fear that the novelty of it all will wear of very soon 

Edit: please call me debbie. I'd love to have a nickname on here