NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

1 hour ago, tom18222 said:

its probably just me but some of these songs are decent and have some decent parts to them but they have like no feeling behind them, totally sterile. to be fair, toms new music comes off this way to me as well. 

Well, if the one constant is you ...

• Like 1

This albums going to be really big.  It's just really radio friendly, some of these songs like Pin The Grenade, First Time are really feeling this level explosive, not quite as good but I won't be shocked if they're massive, but at the same time I won't be shocked if nothing is because they're simply old.

33 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

This albums going to be really big.  It's just really radio friendly, some of these songs like Pin The Grenade, First Time are really feeling this level explosive, not quite as good but I won't be shocked if they're massive, but at the same time I won't be shocked if nothing is because they're simply old.

It won’t do shit because the single they’ve released are the worst songs on the album. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 9/12/2019 at 6:39 AM, jordidanen95 said:

To Be fair, Fall Out Boy has good and bad songs on every record.

i just listened to the band for the first time. plowed through take this to your grave and from under the cork tree.

the lead vocals are kind of high for my taste. the guitar work on the first album sound very much like early saves the day (through being cool). it's not terrible, but it's definitely not my style of pop punk.

If @daveyjones @Donald Trump's Bulge and @Scott. like it it means blink did good this time :D I hope it becomes a trend and blink keeps delivering good stuff :) also,  am i the only one who enjoys those little trap/hip-hop beats on some of the songs? i'm glad to see the boys getting with the times and see travis influences shine

Was going to purchase about all the tracks off of NINE except for BIOMY and IRWIHY, but considering how much they impressed me when I thought this would be dogshit, I decided to preorder the entire album.

The band should be thankful for the leak (they probably are). Based off the singles being promoted and overall album promotion, no one was going to buy this until the leak came and almost everyone turned a 180 (even with some of the members I never expected to enjoy this..like @Scott.). Ironic enough for the band, the leak was the best thing to happen to the promotion of this album. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

could be all part of the plan... because anyone who's enough of a fan to take the trouble to track down the leak will buy the album now that they've heard it.

Someone said it leaked NINE days before the release date, definitely suspicious.

25 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

I honestly think they just didn't know what songs would resonate most and probably overtgought it that Blame It would be best.

Hope when they realize the fan reception between the singles and the deep cuts and go towards more of what the created with the deep cuts and stop trying so hard, but who knows honestly.

18 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Someone said it leaked NINE days before the release date, definitely suspicious.

Nah I honestly don’t think there was anything suss about the leak. It was released by a scene group and included a picture of the physical CD. Just someone who got an early copy and ripped it.